NEW YORK, Dec. 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Video News Release - The global probiotics market totaled $34 billion in 2015 and is expected to reach $50 billion by 2020 according to the firm, Research and Marketing Strategies.
With projections like that, it's safe to say probiotics are far from a passing fad – they're here to stay. With endless options available and so many mixed messages, how do you know what to look for? Researcher and Medical Advisor, Nigel Plummer is going to teach us the basics of probiotics, so we'll all be ready to make wise choices.
Dr. Nigel Plummer discusses
- Basics about probiotics and why we need them (impact of illness, medical conditions, drugs)
- The use of probiotic supplements vs other sources (certain foods)
- The most commonly used strains used in probiotics supplements
- The importance of quality control in selecting a probiotic supplement
- Maintaining gut health for the family while increasing outdoor activity
About Nigel Plummer, Ph.D:
Dr. Nigel Plummer, PhD and medical advisor to Genestra Brands received his doctorate in microbial physiology from the University of Surrey, UK and has since built his career specializing in antibiotic research and development. His research on the use of normal flora in the prevention and treatment of genito-urinary candidiasis has won numerous awards.
Dr. Plummer continues his solid commitment to research specializing in probiotics, natural antimicrobials and fish oils in collaboration with research universities and institutes including Genestra Brands.
Source: Genestra Brands
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/probiotics-101-what-you-need-to-know-to-keep-your-family-healthy-300375437.html
SOURCE Genestra Brands