Since the start of Keys to Progress and including this year, Progressive has donated considerable time and resources to provide more than 400 military families and organizations with reliable transportation so they can get back on the road faster and move forward in life. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, approximately forty percent of veterans live in rural areas where transportation options are limited, and where it's necessary for them to travel far to receive medical care, reach employment centers, and access other services to which they are entitled.
"For many, transportation to work, school, medical appointments or even social events has become a hardship, and we recognized a need in our communities to provide transportation support to our military men and women," said Mike Sieger, Claims Group President. "The Keys to Progress program is Progressive's way of supporting our country's heroes, giving them reliable transportation to live the life they deserve."
This is the fourth year that Progressive teamed up with numerous organizations to make Keys to Progress a reality:
- National Auto Body Council member body shops volunteer staff, resources and thousands of hours of collective time to repair the vehicles free-of-charge to veterans.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car provides insurance for each donated vehicle for the first six months, and also assists families with transportation to the event locations as needed. The insurance policies are written by Progressive.
- Veracity Research Co. Investigations (VRC), a veteran-owned and operated organization, helps support the recipient selection process each year.
- The Original 1-800-Charity Cars, donates resources to facilitate titling and registration of vehicles for recipients.
- Copart and Insurance Auto Auctions, Inc., national salvage companies we work with, donate some of the vehicles.
- Local charities help to identify veteran recipients in each region.
Keys to Progress events will take place in the following cities (some cities have multiple locations and will have multiple vehicles being given away):
- Arizona: Phoenix (Tempe), Tucson
- California: Pasadena, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco Bay Area (Walnut Creek)
- Colorado: Colorado Springs, Denver
- Connecticut: Hartford (Newington), New Haven (Milford)
- Florida: Ft. Lauderdale (Tamarac), Jacksonville, Miami, Orlando (Altamonte Springs), Tampa (Riverview), West Palm Beach
- Georgia: Atlanta (Decatur, Marietta, Norcross)
- Illinois: Chicago
- Indiana: Indianapolis
- Kansas: Kansas City
- Kentucky: Louisville
- Louisiana: Baton Rouge, New Orleans (Metairie)
- Maryland: Baltimore
- Massachusetts: Boston (Westwood)
- Michigan: Detroit (Livonia, Sterling Heights)
- Minnesota: Minneapolis (Burnsville, Coon Rapids)
- Missouri: St. Louis (Bridgeton)
- Nebraska: Omaha (La Vista)
- Nevada: Las Vegas
- New Jersey: South Plainfield
- New York: Albany, Buffalo, New York (Staten Island)
- Ohio: Akron, Cincinnati (Sharonville), Cleveland (Mayfield Village, Parma), Columbus, Dayton
- Oklahoma: Oklahoma City
- Oregon: Portland
- Pennsylvania: Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia (Malvern)
- Rhode Island: Providence
- Texas: Austin, Dallas/Fort Worth (Arlington), El Paso, Houston, San Antonio
- Utah: Salt Lake City (Midvale)
- Virginia: Springfield, Virginia Beach
- Washington, D.C. (Silver Spring, MD)
- Washington: King County (Federal Way), Seattle (Lynnwood)
Those interested in submitting an application for next year's Keys to Progress program should go through a veteran-friendly non-profit organization to submit their request. If unfamiliar with an organization, they also may go to VA.gov to find a local veteran office or contact their local VFW post. Applications are reviewed starting in May of each program year. To request an application, non-profit organizations may send an email to KeystoProgress@progressive.com. For more information on Keys to Progress, visit KeysToProgress.com.
The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies makes it easy to understand, buy and use auto insurance. Progressive offers choices so consumers can reach it whenever, wherever and however it's most convenient—online at progressive.com, by phone at 1-800-PROGRESSIVE, on a mobile device or in-person with a local agent.
Progressive provides insurance for personal and commercial autos and trucks, motorcycles, boats, recreational vehicles, and homes. Home insurance is underwritten by select carriers, including American Strategic Insurance Corp. and subsidiaries (ASI), our majority owned subsidiaries.
Progressive is the fourth largest auto insurer in the country; a leading seller of motorcycle and commercial auto insurance; and through ASI, one of the top 20 homeowners carriers. Progressive also offers car insurance online in Australia at http://www.progressiveonline.com.au.
Founded in 1937, Progressive continues its long history of offering shopping tools and services that save customers time and money, like Name Your Price®, Snapshot®, and Service Centers.
The Common Shares of The Progressive Corporation, the Mayfield Village, Ohio-based holding company, trade publicly at NYSE: PGR.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/progressives-keys-to-progress-program-donates-more-than-100-vehicles-to-military-families-in-need-300354248.html
SOURCE The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies