Propel Unveils New Enhanced Experience
New products offer added flavors, antioxidants and nutritional benefits; Packaging now more environmentally responsible
In 2009, the brand is modernizing its look, packaging, flavors and portfolio offerings, including adding a new great-tasting blueberry pomegranate flavor to accompany existing grape, kiwi-strawberry, berry and lemon. Propel is also introducing new 500 mL packaging with 33 percent less plastic and 30 percent less label than the previous 500 mL bottle. From an energy saving standpoint, this packaging change is the equivalent of taking 6,800 cars off the road (or eliminating 37,450 metric tons of greenhouse gases) a year.(3)
The brand is also launching two new sub lines with added nutrients:
- Propel Body - Available in peach mango, Propel Body contains 10% of the daily value of fiber. A high fiber diet helps fill you up. Propel Body contains 20 calories per 8 oz serving. The additional 10 calories comes from ingredients with fiber.
- Propel Mind - Available in black cherry, Propel Mind contains antioxidant vitamin E plus choline, an essential nutrient in the brain. Propel Mind contains 10 calories per 8 oz serving.
"We are excited to offer a fresh new spin on a category leader, as Propel is an original that helped launch the entire vitamin-enhanced water beverage aisle," said
To support the '09 platform, Propel will launch a fully integrated marketing campaign that celebrates Propel as the perfect enhancement for a streamlined life. The campaign - called "life.propelled." - includes television and print advertising, digital communications, retail displays, and grassroots marketing initiatives. New flavors and packaging are in stores now in 20-oz. and 24-oz. single bottles and 16.9-oz. 6-packs and 16.9-oz. 12-packs at grocery, c-store, mass and drug stores nationwide. Propel will continue to be available in powder form as well.
For more information on Propel, visit nowpropelled.com.
PepsiCo is one of the world's largest food and beverage companies, with 2008 annual revenues of more than
- Propel Body contains 20 calories per 8 oz serving
- Propel Body contains 10% of the daily allowance of fiber. Propel Mind contains antioxidant vitamin E along with choline.
- Emission Facts: Greenhouse Gas Emissions from a Typical Passenger Vehicle; EPA Office of Transportation and Air Quality,
February 2005, www.epa.gov and Eco-profiles of the European Plastics Industry, PET Bottles; I. Bousted, Plastics Europe; March 2005Carbon Dioxide Equivalents, www.plasticseurope.org
SOURCE The Gatorade Company
More by this Source
Gatorade® National Girls Track & Field Athlete of the Year: Kendell Williams
Jun 27, 2013, 11:30 ET
Gatorade® National Boys Track & Field Athlete Of The Year: Trayvon Bromell
Jun 25, 2013, 10:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.