HOBOKEN, N.J., April 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Propeller, a daylong event where innovators of the northeast will unite, today announced a full 14 hours of programming designed to inspire, educate, and celebrate over 5,000 expected attendees at Hoboken's Pier A on Friday, May 20, beginning at 9:00 am. Propeller is founded and produced by Aaron Price, founder of the New Jersey Tech Meetup, along with a team of over 100 volunteers and an eclectic group of partners, sponsors and exhibitors.
"The northeast is rich with startup and tech activity, with over 200 investment funds, at least 15 unicorns, and hundreds of startups located in New York and New Jersey alone. The truth is, we're long overdue for an event like this, in our own backyard, that unites the innovation community," said Price. "We set out to create the ultimate experience that showcases all of the amazing people, companies, and opportunity in the area. We have, virtual reality, drones, a startup competition and talks from venture capitalists and tech luminaries. You can come and enjoy a locally made craft beer, check out some cool new projects, network, and enjoy a special musical performance as the day transitions from conference to celebration."
Propeller attendees can expect:
- Startup competition co-hosted with Techstars and Newark Venture Partners
- Keynotes and fireside chats throughout the day from influencers in technology, investing, startups, and education
- Over 50 exhibitor booths featuring the latest projects from technology's brightest minds
- Networking with like-minded innovators, in lounges sponsored by DigitalOcean and Justworks
- Community area for local groups to co-mingle
- Virtual reality demo area presented by Audible
- Interactive guest experiences
- Drone competition
- Venture Capital "speed dating" session for entrepreneurs
- Human Digital Orchestra presented by Bell Labs
- Immersive VR Sound Chamber by Stevens Institute of Technology
- Jet.com recruitment Bar & Lounge
- Hello & Demo Bar with live startup demos
- Local food and drinks, with a portion of proceeds going to charity
- Inspiration, education and fun
Speakers and panelists will be featured throughout the day at Propeller, with sessions running concurrently from two separate venues: The Stage of Wisdom and The Stage of Inspiration. Propeller speakers, including best-selling author, podcaster and investor James Altucher; City of New York Chief Technology Officer Minerva Tantoco; Techstars Managing Director Jenny Fielding; and Marcus Weldon, President & CEO of Bell Labs, will discuss a range of topics at the intersection of technology, business, and culture, organized along three tracks: Future Of…; Startups; and Corporate Innovation.
"New York City tech is booming, and our secret sauce is diversity and a deep sense of community. You see it in our collaborative tech initiatives, tech meetups, our workspaces, and our public-private partnerships," said Tantoco. "There's no question that Propeller, and an opportunity to experience it at the soon-to-be new campus for Cornell Tech, will celebrate and foster the area's unique innovation community. We're proud to lead the way and to help unite the innovators of New York City and beyond."
General availability tickets are now on sale at propellerfest.com for $139.99. Each ticket includes a bundle of premiums valued at over $1,000 comprising:
- One-month Work Pass to Alley NYC
- One-month Work Pass to Mission 50
- One-hour live coaching session from Entrepreneur Magazine
- Funds to spend at Jet.com
- One-year subscription to Entrepreneur Magazine
- A free audio book download from Audible.com
WHERE AND WHEN
Pier A Park
100 Sinatra Drive, Hoboken, NJ 07030
Friday, May 20, 9:00 am – 11:00 pm
Propeller is a day-long event where innovators of the northeast will unite, created to foster a sense of camaraderie among the northeast innovation community. Headquartered in Hoboken's Pier A Park, Propeller brings together makers, entrepreneurs, investors, and innovators on Friday, May 20, to experience live music, the latest in tech, thought-provoking speakers, networking, inspiration, education, and fun. Propeller was created by Aaron Price, founder of the New Jersey Tech Meetup. For more information, directions, and tickets, please visit:www.propellerfest.com, and follow Propeller on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Media Contact: Rich Gallagher
Resound Marketing for Propeller
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/propeller-brings-technology-music-networking-to-hobokens-pier-a-park-300251963.html