PSAC members ratify new agreement with Parks Canada
OTTAWA, Feb. 20, 2013 /CNW/ - PSAC members at Parks Canada have voted in favour of the tentative agreement reached Nov. 26, 2012.
The union negotiated two breakthroughs:
- a union-management committee to study and make recommendations on student employment issues built into the collective agreement
- a union-management committee to study agency policies contained in Article 6, including travel, isolated posts, uniforms and accomodation allowances.
The three-year agreement, which expires August 4, 2014, also provides across the board annual wage increases, and other monetary gains for some job classifications.
Other changes include:
- Volunteer and Personal Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Family-related Responsibility Leave
- Increased Benefit for Term Employees
- Military Service Recognized for Vacation Leave Credits
- Letter of Intent- Seasonal Extension
- Letter of Intent - Winter Watch at End of Navigation Season
- Severance Entitlements for Retirement and Resignation
- Enhanced Severance Pay in Situations of Lay-off based on Seniority
- Protection of Severance for Involuntary Departure
The full description of changes can be found in the Ratification Kit.
"Even during tough political and economic times, we've proven it's possible to secure a strong collective agreement with improvements for workers," said PSAC Prairie Regional Vice-President Marianne Hladun.
""The overwhelming endorsement we received from members who voted to ratify this agreement confirms their confidence in our bargaining team and in our union," she said.
PSAC and Parks Canada will make the negotiated changes to the collective agreement. Once the parties agree on the changes, the new collective agreement will be ready for signing.
Making the changes, reviewing, and signing the collective agreement will take a few weeks. We will let members know when the collective agreement takes effect.
More by this Source
Federal public sector unions denounce back-door changes to labour legislation
Oct 29, 2013, 13:35 ET
PSAC calls on government to introduce a new modern public service labour law
Oct 25, 2013, 10:19 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.