Public Sector Leaders in Open Government, Collaboration, and Social Networking to Gather Under One Roof at Gov 2.0 Expo
The White House, State Department, NASA, Defense, Navy, CIA, Health and Human Services, Government of Ontario, Canada to Take the Stage
WASHINGTON, May 5 /PRNewswire/ --
- Gov 2.0 Expo will gather technology leaders and visionaries from government and industry to share the latest innovations, lessons learned and best practices shaping social networking and collaboration in government.
- Co-produced by O'Reilly Media, Inc. and UBM TechWeb, Gov 2.0 Expo will be held on May 25-27, 2010 in the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
- Under the theme "Participation, Collaboration, and Transformation", the event will provide government employees, contractors, and members of the press access to practical business and technical tools, in-depth training, and industry contacts needed to transform the 21st century government.
- Learn best practices under the Social Networks and Collaboration track:
- The White House's deputy new media director Cammie Croft will explore the ways government agencies can use new media tools to connect with citizens through online communities, providing better access and transparency to government services.
- U.S. Department of Defense's new technology strategist John Ohab will share how the military is using social media tools to creatively engage citizens, promote public participation, and dissolve myths that may hinder those interested in science careers.
- Department of the Navy's Scott McIlnay will talk about how its organization is using Facebook to build trust and partnerships among NGOs in horn of Africa.
- Human and Health Services' Miguel Gomez will share lessons learned from AIDS.gov and collaboration with federal and community partners.
- Government of Ontario, Canada's David Tallan will talk about best practices from implementing an open, enterprise social media platform within government.
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)'s Carmen Medina will discuss the power of social networks in high reliability, high risk organizations.
- NASA Ames Research Center's Robbie Schingler will talk about the creation of a community to use IT solutions, data, and distribution to create timely tools to save lives and promote human prosperity.
- State Department's senior adviser on innovation Alec Ross will speak about how traditional organizations can implement new ideas and interesting technologies to engage people around the globe in meaningful ways.
- Additionally, Gov 2.0 Expo will also have sessions on Cloud Computing and Security, Emerging Technologies, Agile Government, and Open Data and Web Services.
- Select government and industry keynote speakers include Gary Vaynerchuk, partner and co-founder, VaynerMedia, Sonal Shah, White House Office of Social Innovation and Civic Participation and Price Floyd, Department of Defense.
- Gov 2.0 Expo homepage: http://www.gov2expo.com
- Full schedule: http://www.gov2expo.com/gov2expo2010/public/schedule/full
- YouTube video on "Gov 2.0, The Platform for Change" by Tim O'Reilly: http://qorv.is/1fb
Blog for Gov 2.0 Events:
RSS Feed for Gov 2.0 Events:
O'Reilly Media, Inc. spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly has been a chronicler and catalyst of leading-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
UBM TechWeb, the global leader in technology media and professional information, enables people and organizations to harness the transformative power of technology. Through its three core businesses – media solutions, marketing services and paid content – UBM TechWeb produces the most respected and consumed brands and media applications in the technology market. More than 14 million business and technology professionals actively engage in UBM TechWeb's communities and information resources monthly.
Gov 2.0 Expo, government, Web 2.0, open government, collaboration, social networking, White House, State Department, NASA, Defense, Navy, CIA, Human and Health Services, HHS, Government of Ontario, Canada, cloud computing, security, emerging technologies, agile government, open data, web services, Washington.
SOURCE UBM TechWeb
More by this Source
thatgamecompany's Journey Sweeps The 13th Annual Game Developers Choice Awards
Mar 27, 2013, 23:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.