WABAN, Mass., Sept. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Temkin Group announces the release of the 2016 Temkin Emotion Ratings. Based on a study of 10,000 U.S consumers, the Ratings benchmarks the positive and negative emotions that consumers have when they interact with 294 companies across 20 industries.
Publix, Chick-fil-A, and Residence Inn earned the only "excellent" scores for delivering the most positive emotional experiences, followed closely by H-E-B, True Value, Kroger, Save-a-Lot, Wawa Food Market, QVC, and Amazon.
At the other end of the emotional spectrum, the companies with the lowest Ratings are Comcast (for both Internet service and TV service), Fujitsu, Health Net, Blue Shield of CA, Anthem, Time Warner Cable, Commonwealth Edison, Medicaid, Charter Communications, and AT&T.
Previously published research from Temkin Group shows that when compared with consumers who have negative emotional experience, those who have a positive emotional experience are:
- 15.1 times more likely to recommend a company
- 8.4 times more likely to trust a company
- 7.8 times more likely to try new products and services from a company
- 7.1 times more likely to purchase more from company
- 6.6 times more likely to forgive a company after it makes a mistake
"Emotion is such a critical component of customer experience, but that fact seems to be lost by most health plans and TV & Internet service providers," states Bruce Temkin, managing partner of Temkin Group.
The Temkin Emotion Ratings are a component of the Temkin Experience Ratings, a large-scale benchmark of customer experience that examined three components: success, effort, and emotion.
Additional highlights from the 2016 Temkin Emotion Ratings include:
- The supermarket and fast food industries earned the highest average Temkin Emotion Ratings (at "okay" level), while health plans, TV service providers, and Internet providers were at the bottom with "very poor" ratings.
- The following companies earned ratings that are the most above their industry averages: Amazon, Residence Inn, Florida Power & Light, TXU Energy, National Car Rental, and Alabama Power Company.
- The following companies earned ratings that are the farthest below their industry averages: Fujitsu, Motel 6, Super 8, Chrysler, Volkswagen, Commonwealth Edison, and Citibank.
- The following companies earned the largest improvement between the 2015 and 2016 Ratings: Coventry Health Care, True Value, Con Edison of NY, Consumers Energy Company, Dominion Virginia Power, and Fox Rent A Car.
- The following companies declined the most between 2015 and 2016: Volkswagen, Fujitsu, Commonwealth Edison, BMW, GM, Health Net, and JetBlue.
In its sixth year of publication, the 2016 Temkin Emotion Ratings examines trust across 20 industries: airlines, auto dealers, banks, computer and tablet makers, credit card issuers, fast food chains, health plans, hotel chains, insurance carriers, Internet service providers, investment firms, major appliance makers, parcel delivery services, rental car agencies, retailers, software firms, supermarket chains, TV service providers, utilities, and wireless carriers.
The 2016 Temkin Emotion Ratings along with other ratings can be accessed at the Temkin Ratings website, www.TemkinRatings.com.
Detailed datasets for the 2016 Temkin Trust Ratings can be downloaded from the Customer Experience Matters® blog, at ExperienceMatters.wordpress.com as well as from the Temkin Group website, www.TemkinGroup.com.
About Temkin Group: Temkin Group is widely recognized as a leading customer experience research and consulting firm. Many of the world's largest brands rely on its insights and advice to steer their transformational journeys. Temkin Group combines customer experience thought leadership with a deep understanding of the dynamics of organizations to help accelerate results. Rather than layering on cosmetic changes, Temkin Group helps companies embed practices within their culture by building four critical competencies: Purposeful Leadership, Employee Engagement, Compelling Brand Values, and Customer Connectedness. The firm's ongoing research identifies leading and emerging best practices across a wide range of activities for engaging the hearts and minds of customers, employees, and partners. For more information, contact Bruce Temkin at 617-916-2075 or send an Email.
Customer Experience Matters is a registered trademark of Temkin Group.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/publix-chick-fil-a-and-residence-inn-create-most-positive-customer-emotions-according-to-new-temkin-group-research-300329819.html
SOURCE Temkin Group