Quadrant Homes Publishes Sustainability Report, Outlines Industry Leading Green Building Practices
The Pacific Northwest's largest homebuilder renews its commitment to a sustainable future through responsible development and innovative green building practices
BELLEVUE, Wash., April 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Quadrant Homes announced today the release of its first Sustainability Report, creating a roadmap for a sustainable future built around five key principles: LivingSmart®, Building Community, Reducing our Footprint, Operating Safely and having a Culture of Compassion.
Long a regional leader in sustainable building practices and responsible development, Quadrant Homes has made it the highest priority to implement sustainable operating procedures and enable homeowners to live more sustainably in Quadrant communities and Quadrant-built homes.
"Producing this report outlines our desire to demonstrate and share in the responsibility we have as stewards of a sustainable future," said Quadrant Homes' President Ken Krivanec. "As a company, we are and have been committed to operating beyond compliance, and continue to be a leader in sustainable solutions for our planet."
The five principles outlined in the report include:
- LivingSmart®: The LivingSmart® program is a comprehensive approach to responsible development, high-performing homes and cost savings for homeowners. LivingSmart® homes are designed based on four core components: HealthSmart™, EnergySmart™, EarthSmart™ and WaterSmart™. In 2011 alone, Quadrant-built ENERGY STAR homes, represented the elimination of the emissions from 114.17 vehicles; the saving of 690,612 lbs of coal; the planting of 188.73 acres of trees; and the savings to homeowners of $104,151 on their utility bills.
- Building Community: Quadrant is invested in preserving open spaces for parks and neighborhood gathering areas, educating homebuyers about how to most efficiently operate their homes and fostering dialogue on sustainability within communities, with homebuyers and with associates.
- Reducing our Footprint: Quadrant is committed to reducing its environmental footprint in the homes it builds and in the organization at large, and to partnering with organizations that share that vision. For example, the company was the first Washington builder to offer electric vehicle charging stations in its homes.
- Operating Safely: Quadrant believes in providing a safe and healthy work environment for employees, contractors and customers. Quadrant was the first Washington residential homebuilder to receive STAR status from the Voluntary Protection Plan and the Washington State Department of Labor and Industry.
- Culture of Compassion: Whether restoring natural habitats, providing funding to community organizations, or donating to those in need, at the very heart of Quadrant is the ideal of operating within the greater Puget Sound family.
The full report is available online at http://www.quadranthomes.com/sustainability.
About Quadrant Homes
Quadrant Homes, a subsidiary of Weyerhaeuser Real Estate Company, has been an award-winning Puget Sound homebuilder for more than 40 years, and has built homes for more Washington State residents than any other builder. Quadrant's unique Built Your Way approach to homebuilding gives homebuyers the ability to customize their homes by choosing the layouts, features and finishes that matter most to them.
Quadrant Homes received the Guildmaster Award for exceptional customer satisfaction in 2010 and 2011. Quadrant has also been designated as a qualified ENERGY STAR® builder by the Environmental Protection Agency.
Quadrant Homes is currently building or developing new-home communities in King, Snohomish, Pierce, Thurston, Kitsap, and Skagit counties.
SOURCE Quadrant Homes
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.