Quaker Steak & Lube® Awards Paragon Restaurant Group, LLC as 2012 Franchisee of the Year -15 Additional Awards Given at Annual Quaker Steak & Lube® Franchise Conference in Clearwater Beach, Fla.-
SHARON, Pa., Nov. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Award-Winning casual-dining franchise Quaker Steak & Lube®, known for its Best Wings USA and more than 20 sauces, awarded Paragon Restaurant Group, LLC with the coveted 2012 Franchisee of the Year Award at their annual franchise conference in Clearwater Beach, Fla. earlier this month. Led by Jim Combs, Paragon Restaurant Group owns and operates three Quaker Steak & Lube® restaurants. Two are located in Cincinnati, Ohio and their newest location opened in Florence, Ky. this past October. The Franchisee of the Year award recognizes a person or company for their continued efforts inspiring other franchisees, being a leader in the Quaker Steak & Lube® system, practicing advanced business ethics, and their loyal commitment to the Quaker Steak & Lube® brand.
"Paragon Restaurant Group, LLC continues to live out our promise and mission statement," said John Longstreet, president and chief executive officer, Quaker Steak & Lube®. "Their operations are impeccable with an immaculately clean front and back of the house, and they continue to run at a consistent high level for food, quality and service. We couldn't be happier to award this fantastic group with the Franchisee of the Year award!"
15 other awards given to vendors, outstanding restaurants and franchise groups at the Annual Quaker Steak & Lube® Franchise Conference included:
- Lube "Bar" Cation Award: Fredericksburg, Va.
- Ray Travaglini Award for Community Service: Scott Enterprises.
- Impact Manager of the Year Award: Rocky Bauer, Mentor, Ohio
- Food Vendor of the Year Award: Ken's Food.
- Non-Food Vendor of the Year Award: Trimark SS Kemp and Wasserstrom.
- Best Creative Marketing Event Award: Middleton, Wis. for the Bud Light Extreme Summer Giveaway.
- Brand Excellence Award for Highest Operational Standards:
- Canton, Ohio
- Greenville, S.C.
- Harrisonburg, Va.
- Mentor, Ohio
- Franchisee Developer of the Year Award: Nash Real Estate Group – Jack and Nancy Harvard.
- Beverage Vendor of the Year Award: MillerCoors.
- Most Improved LSM Program of the Year Award: Knoxville, Tenn.
- Most Improved Restaurant of the Year Award: Columbus, Ohio
- New Restaurant of the Year Award: Brick, N.J.
- Cleanliness Award: Paragon Restaurant Group, LLC for Milford, Colerain & Florence.
- Special Recognition Award: Scott Enterprises for the National Buffalo Wing Festival.
- Unique Marketing Events Restaurant of the Year Award: Sharon, Pa.
- Local Store Marketing Program of the Year Award: Valley View, Ohio
The awards ceremony was attended by over 300 including 27 franchise owners, 39 general managers from corporate and franchise locations, 13 franchise representatives and 130 additional representatives from 97 different companies.
Quaker Steak & Lube® has quickly become one of the fastest-growing restaurant chains in the country. The company is on track to open 12 restaurants this year and another 12 in 2013. The brand has signed development agreements in six new markets with five new franchise groups. Quaker Steak & Lube® currently has close to 60 locations open across 18 states and Canada.
The compelling decor, including race cars suspended from the ceilings, motorcycles, Corvettes and gas station memorabilia, combined with its craveable food and supercharged events, has created a cult-like following for The Lube®, as fans call it, for more than 38 years.
Collectively, the company serves more than 80 million wings annually along with burgers, ribs, steaks, salads, sandwiches, kid's meals, signature beverages and many more flavorful menu items. The Lube® is also known for creative food promotions and recently won the coveted MenuMasters award for their limited time offer, Shake, Wrap & Roll. Hand-crafted and hand-shaken beverages are also featured on the Blowout Beverages menu including the industry 2012 Cheers Beverage Award-Winning Bar Jars.
"Haute" franchise opportunities in many territories are still available with the company.
About Quaker Steak & Lube®:
Founded in 1974 and built in an abandoned gas station in Sharon, Pa., the original Quaker Steak & Lube® began as a cook-your-own steak restaurant, before expanding to nearly 60 locations throughout the United States and Canada. The unique decor, including race cars suspended from the ceilings, motorcycles, Corvettes and gas station memorabilia, combined with the crave-able food and high-octane events has afforded The Lube® a cult-like fan following. Today, Quaker Steak & Lube® has become one of the fastest-growing restaurant chains in the country, and has won hundreds of national and international awards for its wings and over 20 different wing sauces. Most recently it was named the 2012 Festival Favorite at the National Buffalo Wing Festival in Buffalo, New York. For more information visit www.quakersteakandlube.com.
SOURCE Quaker Steak & Lube