Qualified disability attorney report on Disability Benefits
SAN ANTONIO, Jan. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- The disability advocates of Wright & Wright, America's Social Security Disability Firm™ discuss important elements in applying for disability benefits.
Applying for Social Security Disability benefits can be a complex matter, particularly because most applicants have no prior experience in dealing with this type of filing. It is important that applicants take steps to ensure accuracy in their application not only to help facilitate a favorable outcome, but also to avoid putting themselves in a situation where they may be accused of misrepresenting information.
A fraudulent Social Security Disability filing, or knowingly misrepresenting information, can warrant criminal charges or related fines. The following are a few examples of potentially fraudulent actions to avoid when seeking to obtain SSI or SSD benefits:
- Withholding information about income, property, or assets
- Making false statements to medical care providers to obtain reports that support a claim related to a medical condition or mental illness
- Misrepresenting one's educational background in the event that it is a material fact used to determine the outcome of a case
- Misrepresenting when one last worked to attempt to receive additional back pay for benefits
- Using funds designated for a recipient for one's own personal benefit in the event that one is a representative payee who receives benefits on another's behalf
- Using fake information such as a false Social Security number in applying for benefits
- Failing to report a change in one's circumstances that may occur while one is receiving SSD or SSI
A qualified disability attorney or advocate can provide continuing support in the filing of one's Social Security Disability claim at any stage of the process to help ensure accuracy and that applicants steer clear of misrepresenting information related to their claim.
The disability advocates of Wright & Wright, America's Social Security Disability Firm™ can provide individuals seeking approval for Social Security claims with more information to help them assess the merits of their case. Individuals may visit http://www.wrightdisabilityfirm.com/social-security-disability/mythsfacts-about-ssd-and-ssi.html for more information about the firm, or to obtain a free evaluation.
Wayne Wright Wyatt Wright, (888) 960-7734, firstname.lastname@example.org
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Wright & Wright, America’s Social Security Disability Firm™
More by this Source
Social security disability attorney 101 on Social Security Disability Benefits
Jan 15, 2013, 19:26 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.