RadioShack Announces Early 'Shack Friday' Prices Hot new price on Samsung Galaxy Tab and great deals on other gifts under $100
FORT WORTH, Texas, Nov. 18, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Black Friday will be "Shack Friday" at RadioShack®, but you don't need to wait another week for great prices. RadioShack announced today that select deals will start five days earlier online and in stores at more than 4,600 store locations nationwide to help customers in their quest to become "Holiday Heroes."
The holiday season can be a time of increased stress as already busy schedules are pushed to the limit. For many, the thought of waking up early to hit the stores before sunrise on "Black Friday" adds additional pressure. This year, instead of spending the early hours of Nov. 26 fighting the rush, let The Shack help with your gift list by offering early deals on select items between Sunday, Nov. 21, and Wednesday, Nov. 24.
"No matter who you are shopping for, The Shack has a product, price and nearby location to purchase the gift that will make you a hero," said Scott Young, executive vice president and chief merchandising officer for RadioShack Corp. "By offering hot prices ahead of Shack Friday, we have tried to ease the frustration of holiday shopping this season."
Customers can go to www.radioshack.com or any nearby location to take advantage of these early offers. Here are six ways to become a Holiday Hero at The Shack:
- Give an exciting on-the-move digital experience with the Samsung Galaxy Tab from Sprint, available at select stores for $349.99 (Reg. $399.99) after $50 instant savings with new two-year Sprint agreement on tablet plan starting at $29.99 per month. This Android-powered tablet makes entertainment on the go light and portable with features like Daily Briefing, optional Mobile Hotspot, an expandable memory, Allshare DLNA Technology for sharing photos and video, and 4,000-mAh battery.
- Give a full-featured phone with the Boost Motorola Clutch™ i465, available for $39.99 (Reg. $79.99). The i465 from Motorola goes far beyond calling, with features like the Chirp® walkie-talkie, Bluetooth® capability, wireless Web access and a full-QWERTY keyboard that makes it easier to send text messages in a hurry.
- Sign up for a qualifying DISH Network two-year service plan and get $100 off select 19-inch or larger TVs (in stores only); match this savings with the TV offer below for an exceptional deal. The AUVIO™ 19-inch LCD HDTV, available for $99.99 (Reg. $199.99), delivers a vibrant HD picture that fits virtually anywhere in your home and doubles as a PC monitor. The built-in HDTV processor receives HD signals from a satellite receiver or cable box, over-the-air antenna or any other HD source. Crisp, clear 1366x768 resolution offers outstanding HD image quality and a variety of input options, including HDMI®, ensures hassle-free connection to your entertainment components. (Available at select store locations only, quantities are limited.)
- Get a TV for the pocket with the AUVIO® 3.5-inch Pocket TV, available for $69.99 (Reg. $99.99). This 3.5-inch LCD high-resolution screen gives you an exceptional viewing experience in a portable unit. It's lightweight and portable with a built-in ATSC/NTSC tuner so you can watch your favorite digital TV broadcasts. And, it has an easy-to-use on-screen display menu that provides simple navigation.
- The Garmin® nuvi® 1300, available for $99.99 (Reg. $169.99), makes it hard to get lost. The nuvi 1300 from Garmin is a feature-rich navigation system with 4.3-inch screen, optional MSN® Direct and the ecoRoute™ feature that helps you find the most fuel-efficient route to your destination.
Most stores are open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 21, and 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. until Nov. 24. On Shack Friday, Nov. 26, most stores are open from 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Stores are open for extended holiday hours starting Saturday, Dec. 4. See radioshack.com/locator to find more information about a store near you. Store hours may vary by location.
About RadioShack Corporation
RadioShack (NYSE: RSH) is a leading national retailer of innovative mobile technology products and services, as well as products related to personal and home technology and power supply needs. The Shack® offers consumers a targeted assortment of wireless phones and other electronic products and services from leading national brands, exclusive private brands and major wireless carriers, all within a comfortable and convenient shopping environment. RadioShack employs approximately 35,000 people globally, including a team of friendly and helpful sales experts who are recognized for delivering the best customer service in the wireless industry. RadioShack's retail network includes approximately 4,680 company-operated stores in the United States and Mexico, more than 940 wireless phone kiosks in the United States, and approximately 1,240 dealer outlets worldwide. For more information on RadioShack Corporation, please visit www.radioshackcorporation.com; to purchase items online, please visit www.radioshack.com. RadioShack® and The Shack® are registered trademarks licensed by RadioShack Corporation.
SOURCE RadioShack Corporation - G