FORT WORTH, Texas, March 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- RadioShack will open its latest Manhattan concept store Saturday, March 22 at 9 a.m. as the company continues to deliver an exciting new RadioShack shopping experience throughout the New York area.
The newly remodeled store, found near Broadway and 57th at 1758 Broadway, is one of more than a dozen concept stores to open in Manhattan since RadioShack debuted the company's first concept store at 2268 Broadway in July 2013. This store has been a part of Manhattan since it opened its original location more than 19 years ago.
"Manhattan is a strong market for RadioShack and we are excited to be bringing the best RadioShack stores to the area. New Yorkers have been incredibly receptive to the interactive features of our new stores and the convenience of our neighborhood locations," CEO Joe Magnacca said. "I've spent a lot of time in these stores and I'm proud of the transformation."
All concept stores in the company's portfolio feature an upgraded shopping experience, which showcases the company's new look. Interactive areas throughout the store encourage shoppers to discover personalized solutions, connect with sales associates and realize the unlimited potential of technology. Our associates encourage a collaborative, Do It Together approach that results in smart solutions to technology needs. Concept store features include:
- A speaker wall controlled by in-store tablets, empowering customers to experience a dozen different speakers
- Interactive displays that encourage shoppers to compare products, including headphone demo stations where they can listen with leading brands like SOL REPUBLIC, Skullcandy and Beats by Dr. Dre; a remote control toy exploration center; and a GoPro camera display, demonstrating the capabilities of several camera models
- Idea Center where consumers can bring their ideas to life through collaboration with store associates at a convenient work space
- Technology that makes shopping interesting and playful, including touchscreens and apps to help shoppers understand product benefits
- Newly configured displays highlighting in-demand brands like Apple, HTC and Samsung, as well as mobile carriers such as AT&T, Sprint and Verizon
RadioShack is opening a select number of these highly experiential stores in neighborhoods throughout the nation. This Manhattan location is one of more than 25 concept stores to open since the company began converting to such stores in July 2013. These new stores reflect the company's strides toward reinvigorating its stores, revamping its product assortment and repositioning the brand.
Neighbors are invited to come see the new, brighter RadioShack and pick up an instant savings coupon good for $10 off any $40 qualifying purchase, while supplies last. Customers can also check in to the store on Foursquare to claim the deal for a limited time.
About RadioShack Corporation
RadioShack (NYSE: RSH) is a leading national retailer of innovative mobile technology products and services, as well as products related to personal and home technology and power supply needs. RadioShack® offers consumers a targeted assortment of wireless phones and other electronic products and services from leading national brands, exclusive private brands and major wireless carriers, all within a comfortable and convenient shopping environment. RadioShack employs approximately 30,000 knowledgeable and helpful sales experts globally. RadioShack's retail network includes approximately 4,300 company-operated stores in the United States, over 270 company-operated stores in Mexico, and approximately 1,000 dealer and other outlets worldwide. For more information on RadioShack Corporation, please visit www.radioshackcorporation.com; to purchase items online, please visit www.radioshack.com. RadioShack® is a registered trademark licensed by RadioShack Corporation.
News Media Contact: Media Relations, +1-817-415-3300, Media.Relations@RadioShack.com
SOURCE RadioShack Corporation