Rally Software Announces Strong Business Growth and Momentum
Agile development leader grew subscription revenue by 56% in FY 2012 and expanded in high-growth international markets
BOULDER, Colo., March 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Rally®, the leader in Agile application lifecycle management (ALM), announced today that it grew subscription revenue by 56% in FY 2012, achieving over a 60% compound annual revenue growth rate for the last four years. The company will continue its growth as it enters rapidly expanding markets in the Europe and Asia-Pacific regions.
In addition, Rally:
- Grew its paid user base by 58%, reaching 136,000 users across 116 countries. Rally's customers span the Fortune 500, government, financial, healthcare, media and entertainment, technology, and telecommunications industries, including Betfair, Dun & Bradstreet, Getty Images, LAN Airlines, Level 3 Communications, McKesson, Pearson.
- Expanded its partner network to 180 strategic technology, consulting and enablement partners. Key milestones include the development of new integrations with BMC Release Process Management, CA Clarity and Oracle Primavera, and expanded relationships with enablement partners NTT DATA, Sogeti USA and Valtech. Rally also provides Agile coaching in Europe, Israel, Brazil and Australia through new services partners.
- Launched the industry's first Agile portfolio management solution. Rally Portfolio Manager is the single system of record to align the corner office and development teams, and is backed by coaching services to enable more responsive steering of the enterprise.
- Continued to be recognized for its company culture and employee engagement. Rally was named a finalist for the GOOD Company Project and recently B Corp's "Best for the World," a list of businesses creating the most overall positive social and environmental impact.
- Secured $20 million in funding led by Meritech Capital Partners. Meritech is a leading provider of late-stage venture capital to category-defining private technology companies and has previously backed market leaders including Facebook, NetSuite and Salesforce.com.
Rally is currently expanding in high-growth international markets, including opening a new office in Melbourne, Australia, to help customers throughout the Asia-Pacific region improve the software that runs their businesses. Rally is hiring over 75 people in its offices around the world.
"If we all agree that software is eating the world, then Agile development is eating software," said Tim Miller, Rally's CEO. "Agile and Lean principles are what run today's innovating companies, and I couldn't be more excited for Rally to be at the forefront of this movement, leading the way with top-ranked products backed by the most experienced coaches for guiding companies through their Agile transformation."
"Faster, more predictable ways of creating and changing application functionality are no longer a nice to have -- they decide which firms will survive and which will not. For AD&D (Application Development and Delivery) professionals, that means it's not a question of whether your firm will adopt Lean and Agile techniques but how soon and how broadly it will adopt them," Forrester Research, Inc. wrote in the report "Determine The Business And IT Impact Of Agile Development," February 8, 2012. "Firms that charge into the transformation blindly will meet an untimely but fairly predictable end -- they'll fail to realize the benefits because they didn't properly execute."
Rally is the recognized leader in Agile application lifecycle management (ALM). Rally is dedicated to helping organizations embrace Agile and Lean development and portfolio management practices that dramatically increase the pace of innovation, improve product quality and boost customer satisfaction. According to a study by QSM Associates, software-driven companies that rely on Rally's Agile ALM products and services are 50% faster to market and 25% more productive than industry averages. The company's experienced services group, including training through Agile University, guides companies through the organizational change required to become innovative, Agile businesses. Together, Rally's on-demand Agile ALM platform and its leading Kanban-based project collaboration tool, AgileZen, support more than 136,000 users in 116 countries.
Rally, the Rally logo, Rally Software Development, Agile University and AgileZen are trademarks of Rally Software Development Corp. Third-party trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Rally Software
More by this Source
Rally Software Announces Third Quarter Fiscal 2014 Financial Results
Dec 05, 2013, 16:15 ET
Rally Software's Chief Technologist to Present at 2013 Lean Startup Conference
Dec 03, 2013, 11:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.