AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Dec. 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ram marks 35 years as the Official Truck of the WNFR and Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA)
- Ram Truck brand presents Ram Top Gun award winner with new Ram 3500 Heavy Duty truck Dec. 10, the final night of Wrangler National Finals Rodeo
- Ram trucks featured at WNFR events, as well as live nightly music performances, daily country music artist autograph sessions, rodeo viewing and a new interactive Ram 360 virtual reality experience
- Public activities take place at Las Vegas Convention Center, UNLV's Thomas and Mack Arena and South Point Hotel and Casino
- Complete Ram Heavy Duty lineup plus the new Ram Rebel TRX supercharged HEMI® off-road concept truck, special-edition Ram 1500 Night Edition and Ram 1500 Rebel on display at Thomas and Mack Arena
Thousands of rodeo enthusiasts are converging on Las Vegas beginning this week for the Wrangler National Finals Rodeo (WNFR) and, as the Official Truck of the WNFR and Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association (PRCA) for 35 years, the Ram Truck brand will be there.
Ram Truck is bringing several interactive fan experiences to Las Vegas Dec. 1-10 for WNFR, in support of the Ram Rodeo Series. Rodeo and truck fans can take part in numerous activities around the Las Vegas strip, including performances by country music artist Natalie Stoval and the Drive every night, daily autograph signings by various country music artists, nightly WNFR viewing parties, truck displays and a new interactive Ram virtual reality 360 experience.
"Ram is proud to be a part of the Ram Rodeo Series and WNFR for 35 years, as trucks are a must-have vehicle for both those who compete and fans alike," said Mike Manley, Head of Ram Brand, FCA – Global. "As thousands of rodeo fans take over Las Vegas during WNFR, it is a great opportunity for Ram to showcase the capabilities and best-in-class features of our complete truck lineup of America's longest lasting pickups."
Ram trucks play an integral role in the rodeo circuit as cowboys and stock contractors haul their prized horses and livestock across the country every weekend throughout the year, leading up to celebrating their accomplishments at the annual WNFR, the final rodeo event of the PRCA season.
Ram WNFR events open to the public include:
- Cowboy Christmas (Las Vegas Convention Center) – Daily autograph signing sessions with various music artists, truck displays and an interactive 360 virtual reality experience that takes participants off-roading in a Ram Rebel, up and down urban streets in a Ram Laramie Limited, or rounding up horses on a ranch in a Ram Laramie Longhorn.
- PRCA Pro Rodeo Fan Zone (Thomas and Mack Arena) – Live music performances by Natalie Stoval and the Drive at 5:30 p.m. each night. Fans are invited to check out America's longest lasting pickups, the latest Ram 1500, 2500 and 3500 trucks. Also featuring the new Ram Rebel TRX off-road concept with 575 supercharged horses; the special-edition Ram 1500 Night that gives truck enthusiasts straight-from-the-factory customized looks; and the Ram 1500 Rebel that brings its one-of-a-kind off-road design to the full-size truck segment.
- Ram Tailgate Viewing (South Point Hotel and Casino) — Livestream of the action from the NFR arena.
World championship titles will be awarded at the WNFR to the individuals who earn the most money in his or her event throughout the year, including barrel racing, saddle bronc riding, tie down roping, bull riding, steer wrestling, bareback riding and team roping.
Friday, Dec. 9, is Ram Truck Night at WNFR. On Saturday, Dec. 10, after the final round of competitions, the brand will present the Ram Top Gun award to the one contestant who wins the most money in a single category during the 10 days of WNFR. The Ram Top Gun winner receives a new Ram 3500 Heavy Duty truck.
For the last 35 years, the Ram Truck brand has proudly sponsored the Ram Rodeo Series. Starting with only 18 events in 1981, the Ram Truck brand and local dealerships have teamed up to host more than 560 rodeos a year across the United States and Canada. The Ram Rodeo Series was created to be an opportunity to showcase the sport, while paving the way for future generations of cowboys and cowgirls through the sponsorship of junior high, high school and collegiate rodeos in addition to those at the professional level.
About Ram Truck Brand
Since its launch as a stand-alone division in 2009, the Ram Truck brand has steadily emerged as an industry leader with America's longest-lasting line of pickups.
Creating a distinct identity for Ram trucks has allowed the brand to concentrate on core customers and the features they find valuable. Whether focusing on a family that uses a Ram 1500 day-in and day-out, a hard-working Ram 3500 Heavy Duty owner or a business that depends on its Ram ProMaster commercial van every day for deliveries, Ram has the truck market covered.
In order to be the best, it takes a commitment to innovation, capability, efficiency and durability. Ram Truck invests substantially in its products, infusing them with great looks, refined interiors, durable engines and exclusive features that further enhance their capabilities.
Ram continues to beat the competition in the most sought-after titles:
- Longest-lasting line of pickups
- Best-in-class ride and handling with exclusive link coil rear and auto-level air suspensions
- Best-in-class fuel economy and longest range with exclusive EcoDiesel – 29 mpg and 754 miles with Ram 1500
- Best-in-class gas towing -- 16,320 pounds with Ram 2500
- Highest snow plow rating -- Ram 2500 and 3500
- Most interior space with Ram Mega Cab
- Most capable fullsize off-road pickup -- Ram Power Wagon
Truck customers, from half-ton to commercial, have a demanding range of needs and require their vehicles to provide high levels of capability. Ram trucks are designed to deliver a total package.
Follow Ram and FCA US news and video on:
FCA Content On Demand (COD): www.fcacod.com
Company blog: http://blog.fcanorthamerica.com
Company website: www.fcanorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.fcanorthamerica.com
Ram Trucks brand: www.ramtrucks.com
Ram Zone blog: www.ramzone.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/RamTrucks and https://www.facebook.com/FiatChrysler.NorthAmerica/
Flickr: www.flickr.com/RamTrucks and www.flickr.com/ChryslerGroup
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ramtrucks and www.pinterest.com/FCAcorporate
Instagram: www.instagram.com/ramtrucks and www.instagram.com/FiatChrysler_NA
Twitter: www.twitter.com/RamTrucks and www.twitter.com/FiatChrysler_NA
YouTube: www.youtube.com/RamTrucks and www.youtube.com/pentastarvideo
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ram-truck-brand-takes-on-las-vegas-for-the-wrangler-national-finals-rodeo-wnfr-dec-1-10-300372221.html
SOURCE FCA US LLC