Rand McNally Publishes 2015 Line of Atlases for Commercial Drivers The Motor Carriers' Road Atlas is still the go-to guide for truckers
SKOKIE, Ill., July 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Rand McNally released today the 2015 edition of the Motor Carriers' Road Atlas, the #1-selling trucker's print atlas line. The printed trucking atlas, in its 34th edition, continues to be the trusted guide for over-the-road and other large-vehicle drivers.
"The Motor Carriers' Road Atlas is the indispensable in-cab routing reference tool for commercial drivers," said Stephen Fletcher, CEO of Rand McNally. "Not only does the atlas feature maps with truck routes but other critical information necessary for professional drivers to do their jobs. Also of assistance to drivers, the atlas pages and content is cross-referenced in our award-winning IntelliRoute® TND™ truck-specific GPS devices."
Updated annually with new routes and critical state safety information, and cross-referenced to Rand McNally's IntelliRoute® TND™ devices, the new edition includes content specifically tailored to the needs of the commercial truck driver. The 2015 edition includes:
- Revised state and province maps, including updated mileages in the state mileage guides;
- Updated highways showing the latest truck roadways as designated by the Surface Transportation Assistance Act (STAA), also known as "designated" highways;
- Coverage of Hazardous Materials Regulations;
- A 22-page mileage directory with more than 40,000 truck-route-specific, city-to-city mileages;
- Fully updated state and province charts including more than 500 changes to truck-specific state contacts – such as operating authority contacts, emergency police, and vehicle registration.
The 2015 edition year also marks the return of the Large Scale Motor Carriers' Road Atlas to wide-scale distribution in travel centers. This version of the atlas features maps that are 37% larger than those in the regular Motor Carriers' Road Atlas; anti-glare, tear and water resistant pages; and a tough spiral binding for stay-flat pages.
The Motor Carriers' Road Atlas is available in paperback format, in a spiral-bound, laminated Deluxe version, as well as the Large Scale edition.
About Rand McNally – Rand McNally is the country's most trusted source for maps, navigation, and travel content. For more than 75 years, Rand McNally has been an innovator in the Commercial Transportation market – from providing mileage and routing software, to truck navigation and E-Logs to mobile fleet management solutions. Learn more at randmcnally.com.
Rand McNally, IntelliRoute and the globe logo are registered trademarks, and TND is a trademark of RM Acquisition, LLC d/b/a Rand McNally.
SOURCE Rand McNally