Raytheon celebrates 60 years on the New York Stock Exchange Chairman and CEO Swanson rings NYSE closing bell
WALTHAM, Mass., Sept. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) marked 60 years on the New York Stock Exchange with Raytheon Chairman and CEO William H. Swanson ringing Friday's closing bell. He was joined on the NYSE balcony by members of Raytheon's senior leadership team, including Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer David C. Wajsgras.
"This milestone is a testament to Raytheon's world class team, past and present, and its consistent focus on creating shareholder value through customer success," Swanson said. "We are proud to celebrate our 60th year on the exchange, and our history of industry-leading innovation in support of our customers around the world."
In 2012, Raytheon is celebrating its 90th anniversary year, having been founded in 1922. The company's stock was first listed on the NYSE on Sept. 15, 1952; for that year Raytheon reported net sales of $111 million and a total workforce of 17,000 employees. For 2011, Raytheon reported sales of $25 billion and 71,000 employees.
RTN Then and Now
- RTN closed today at $57.81. In 1952, the stock traded between $9.50 and $9.87 per share (actual price, not adjusted for stock splits).
- Raytheon is among just 13 percent of NYSE companies that have been listed for 60 years, and one of 300 companies with the greatest longevity on the exchange.
- Approximate number of Raytheon shareholders in 1952 was 7,730, compared with approximately 340,000 at the end of 2011.
- The company stock has been split five times in its history: in 1968, '77, '81, '92 and '95.
- Raytheon stock has been trading on the NYSE longer than that of any other NYSE-listed company based in the greater Boston area.
Raytheon Company, with 2011 sales of $25 billion and 71,000 employees worldwide, is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass. For more about Raytheon, visit us at www.raytheon.com and follow us on Twitter @Raytheon.
Note to Editors
For more about Raytheon's 60th on the NYSE, visit www.raytheon.com.
Investor Relations Contact
SOURCE Raytheon Company