OTTAWA, Ill., Oct. 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating (SSHE) is sponsoring the Seattle Sutton's 2010 Slim Down to help 10 contestants lose weight and improve their health in 2010. One grand prize winner will receive a Florida vacation for four to Universal Orlando Resort.
SSHE will provide 10 lucky contestants a chance to lose weight, improve their health and make a lifestyle change once and for all. For 14 weeks contestants will receive SSHE meals for FREE, beginning on January 4, 2010 and concluding the week of April 12, 2010. Meals provided include every breakfast, lunch and dinner for the contestants, a total of 294 meals in all.
Registration for the contest takes place between October 5, 2009 at 10 a.m. CST and October 26, 2009 at 10 a.m. CST at seattlesutton.com. Selected contestants will be notified by SSHE in November 2009. For complete rules and regulations, go to seattlesutton.com.
The contestant who loses the most weight based on percentage of body weight will be on their way to Orlando for 4 days/3 nights to Universal Orlando Resort. The grand prize is for 4 people and includes roundtrip coach class airfare, ground transfers, hotel accommodations at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando Resort and passes to Universal Studios Florida. First place prize is $1000 cash. Second place prize is 5 weeks of Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating 1200-calorie meal plan.
The contest is sponsored by Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating in cooperation with the Tribune Media Group, ACL Laboratories and Universal Orlando Resort.
To be considered for this contest, you must:
- Submit to SSHE your "story" and recent photo - "story" covers who you are, your history with weight loss, how much you currently weigh, what your ideal/goal weight is and what steps you've taken to date to lose weight. Please include your first and last name on your photo with your entry, along with your contact information - address, phone number and e-mail.
- Be willing and able to go to WGN-TV and/or WGN radio (as well as SSHE distributor locations) for weigh ins, possible live TV and radio appearances and be willing to be videotaped and photos taken.
- Be available for pre-interview with SSHE.
- Agree to weekly weigh-ins throughout the contest, including at the beginning and end of contest.
- Be dedicated and willing to stay on SSHE meals exclusively for 14 weeks.
- Agree to exercise, if medically able to do so according to your physician.
- Be willing to have blood work completed, once at the beginning and once at the end, to measure cholesterol (including triglycerides, blood sugar and blood pressure taken. This is a free service provided by ACL Laboratories, as part of the contest.
- Agree to sign release forms to participate in contest.
Ready to Lose Weight?
Fill out an online registration form at seattlesutton.com and submit your story and current photo. Or, look for copies of the registration form and direction to register in the Chicago Tribune or Red Eye from October 5, 2009 to October 26, 2009. Registration forms will also be available at all Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating distributor locations and on all Tribune Media Group web sites.
"Second Chance" Feature
For those not selected as contestants, SSHE will have a second chance contest called the "Second Chance Seattle Sutton's 2010 Slim Down" for those interested in losing weight but not chosen. "Second Chance" contestants will order SSHE meals in order to participate. The "Second Chance" contestant who loses the most weight based on percentage of body weight will win $1000 cash and the runner-up will receive 5 weeks of Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating 1200-calorie meals at no cost. For complete contest rules, visit seattlesutton.com.
Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating (SSHE), a family-owned, Illinois-based healthy meal replacement company offers a no-gimmick approach to convenient, healthy eating nationwide. The meal program is scientifically designed and taste-tested. Founded by Seattle Sutton, RN, BSN, in 1985, SSHE helps to address patients' desire to lose weight and improve overall health. Seattle Sutton's dedication to health continues today, since all SSHE menus are analyzed on an ongoing basis and adhere to recommended dietary guidelines. SSHE prepares thousands of fresh meals weekly and its innovative approach has helped thousands of people achieve and maintain weight loss without planning, shopping or cooking for themselves. For more information, www.seattlesutton.com or 1-800-442-DIET (3438). For business-related inquiries, 1-888-442-DIET (3438).
SOURCE Seattle Sutton's Healthy Eating