SAN DIEGO, Aug. 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The first date is one of the most perilous parts of any relationship. People micro-analyze each other's behavior and each tries to be on their best. However, the good news is that peoples' true selves are betrayed in ways they may not be aware of. Pay attention to some of these and you can save yourself a world of heartache.
- They say they are interested in you but then never ask you anything personal. They could be uninterested, prefer taking it slow, or are with you for other reasons. Ask further questions in order to understand the real reason.
- The person goes to a networking event with you but then 'loses' you when they get there. This one seems to be either a situation where the person wants you to know it was not a 'date' or where the person does not want to be associated with you. Additionally, this could be the sign of a narcissistic person who sees it as an opportunity to meet people they could otherwise not meet, however, you, who are of secondary importance, he or she can always talk to.
- The person gets angry very quickly over something you do or say. This is not a good sign. If they find fault with what you do, there are many ways to work it out; things take time. However, if the person has a hair-trigger temper on the first date, remember they are on their best behavior. Do, however, consider the person may be having a bad day or there may be other things at play.
- The person is not a team player. There are many ways in which this can be manifested. However, it can be as simple as walking ten feet ahead of you, or not helping you when you drop something. Depending on what characteristics you are looking for in a mate, this may not be important. Do keep in mind that someone who is not a team player may have other complementary characteristics such as a lack of empathy.
- The person claims to like you but has no physicality towards you. There could be one of three issues at play here. Don't forget that some people still require an emotional connection before they feel comfortable with a physical one. Others may simply have no interest in you once they are in your presence, while a third group takes a very conservative view towards a physical relationship early on.
- The person plays verbal games with you. They seem to want to be one up on you when you misunderstand something. This seems to be a common quality of a person with low self-esteem who uses these techniques to make themselves feel better when a situation makes them feel inferior, a dangerous trait.
- An oldie but still a very good barometer: the treatment of people in subservient positions. When you bring the person to a restaurant, pay attention to how they treat the restaurant staff, and hope there are some mistakes. If they speak down to the people, you know what you up against.
Relationships901 (R901.org) is a program produced to help you overcome relationship issues in a week. Authored by well-known high-level negotiator Steven Riznyk, it demonstrates, through actual event footage, how people behave when challenged. It uses conflict resolution methods created by Mr. Riznyk, who has successfully resolved kidnappings, extortion, and a host of business and marital issues. As Mr. Riznyk is an avid dog lover, 25-49% of the profits will be donated to his charity supporting abused and abandoned dogs.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/relationships-901-the-perilous-first-dates-7-things-to-understand-before-its-too-late-300319899.html
SOURCE Relationships 901