The global fixed satellite service (FSS) market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 5.70% during the period 2016-2020.
According to the report, rise in demand for telecom/mobile backhaul will be a key driver for market growth. The FSS market is experiencing a significant growth from telecom/mobile backhaul. Mobile backhaul ensures the transportation of data and voice distributed network sites to the network core. Earlier, mobile operators did not entirely embrace satellite technology for backhaul, but with advances in satellite technology, they are now more flexible in its use.
Further, the report states that the remainder of the contract price is in the form of an incentive payment based on the orbital performance of the satellite. Thus, the high capital expenditure involved in developing, manufacturing, launching, and insuring a satellite will be a challenge for the growth of the market over the next few years.
- What will the market size be in 2020 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the key market trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?
- Embratel Star One
- Eutelsat Communications
- SKY Perfect JSAT
- APT Satellite Holdings
- Arabsat Cyprus
- China Satellite Communications
- Comtech Telecommunications
- EchoStar Satellite Services
- Indian Space Research Organization
- JSC Gazprom Space Systems
- MEASAT Global
- O3b Networks
- Russia Satellite Communication
- SingTel Optus
- Telenor Satellite Broadcasting
- The Avanti Communications
PART 01: Executive summary
PART 02: Scope of the report
PART 03: Market research methodology
PART 04: Introduction
PART 05: Market landscape
PART 06: Market segmentation by service category
PART 07: Market segmentation of wholesale services by services
PART 08: Geographical segmentation
PART 09: Market drivers
PART 10: Impact of drivers
PART 11: Market challenges
PART 12: Impact of drivers and challenges
PART 13: Market trends
PART 14: Vendor landscape
PART 15: Appendix
PART 16: About the Author
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/vg4j32/global_fixed
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/research-and-markets---global-fixed-satellite-service-market-cagr-growth-of-570-by-2020---trends-technologies--opportunities-report-2016-2020---vendors-thaicom-abs-hispasat-300344479.html
SOURCE Research and Markets