DUBLIN, Ireland, May 6 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets
(http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c17061 ) has announced the addition
of Emerging Drug Discovery Technologies: Building competitive advantage
through lab-on-a-chip, nanotechnology and RNAi to their offering.
(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20040820/RESEARCH )
Emerging Drug Discovery Technologies: Building competitive advantage
through lab-on-a-chip, nanotechnology and RNAi, is a new report which provides
an in-depth analysis of three technological innovations that are being
heralded to revolutionize the drug discovery process by rapidly expediting
drug discovery research. This report focuses on lab-on-a-chip (LOC) devices,
nanotechnology and RNA interference drug discovery technologies that are
increasingly being used to identify novel drug targets and to successfully
reduce R&D timelines.
This report also provides:
- In-depth analysis of the market forces
- Current and future technological advances
- Detailed company profiles
- Eight year forecasts of market size for LOC devices, nanotechnology in
drug discovery and RNA interference technologies and therapeutics
Key Findings of the Report:
- The markets for LOC devices, nanotechnology, and RNAi technologies and
therapeutics are set to experience phenomenal growth rates, driven
by novel product developments and new market entrants.
- The nanotechnology market is forecast to reach $955m by 2012, a CAGR
(2004-2012) of 28.3%, while the LOC/microfluidics market is projected to
generate sales of $1,530m in 2012, a CAGR of 35.5%. The larger RNAi market is
predicted to be worth $1.1bn in 2012, although its CAGR is lower at 16.1%.
- Some of the major factors driving growth and expansion of the LOC device
market include: high throughput screening, increased automation, reduction in
sample requirement, reduced exposure to hazardous materials, and the increased
rate at which potential drug
targets are screened.
- At an embryonic stage of development, nano-enabled drugs are already
bringing clinical benefits to thousands of patients. Two examples are Abraxane
for the treatment of metastatic breast cancer, and RenaZorb, which provides
phosphate control in kidney dialysis patients
- The resolution of several patent and licensing disputes, which
threatened to halt the growth and expansion of the RNAi field, is now allowing
more companies to enter the RNAi field. This is expected to further boost RNAi
market growth in the future.
Key questions answered in this report
- What will the market for lab-on-a-chip (LOC), nanoenabled drug discovery
and RNAi technology be worth in 2012?
- How can these three technologies be effectively applied in the drug
- What are the major factors driving and restraining market expansion of
these technologies in drug discovery?
- Who are the leading players within each of the three markets and how
competitive or fragmented are the markets?
- Which pharmaceutical and biotech companies are investing in lab-on-a-
chip (LOC), nanotechnology and RNAi, and what strategic alliances,
partnerships and agreements have been formed during the last few years?
Top five reasons to read this report today:
1.) Gain insight into new technological developments in LOC devices,
nanotechnology and RNAi and their applications in the pharmaceutical industry
to develop new drugs.
2.) Improve productivity and reduce R&D expenditure by understanding how
LOC devices, nanotechnology and RNAi technology can be applied to all stages
of the drug development process.
3.) Review in-depth analysis of strategic alliances, acquisitions and
agreements between pharmaceutical/biotech companies and LOC, nanotechnology
and RNAi vendors.
4.) Understand where LOC devices, nanotechnology and RNAi have already
impacted the identification of new drug targets and biomarkers for diagnosis
5.) Highlight the efficacy and potential long-term cost effectiveness of
LOC devices, nanotechnology and RNAi for drug discovery.
Companies mentioned inside this report include the following:-
- Aclara BioSciences
- Advion BioSciences, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies
- BioMicro Systems
- BioTrove Inc.
- Caliper Life Sciences
- CombiMatrix Corp.
- Eksigent Technologies
- Epigem Limited
- Fluidigm Corp.
- Gyros AB
- Nanostream Inc.
- 3DM Inc.
- Alnis Biosciences Inc.
- American Pharmaceuticals Partners Inc.
- BioCrystal Ltd.
- BioForce NanoSciences Inc.
- CrystalPlex Corp.
- C Sixty Inc.
- Evident Technologies, Inc.
- NanBio Corp.
- PharmaSeq, Inc
- Quantum Dot Corp.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Benitec Ltd
- CytRx Corp.
- Cenix BioScience
- Dharmacon, Inc.
- Eurogentec (EGT)
- Imgenex Corp.
- Immusol Inc.
- Invitrogen Corp.
- MWG Biotech
- Sirna Therapeutics
For more information visit
Research and Markets
Fax: +353 1 4100 980
SOURCE Research and Markets