RF Technologies® Announces New Clinical Education Service Options
Suite of educational support and follow-up options optimize system performance and hospital workflow
BROOKFIELD, Wis., Feb. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- RF Technologies®, a leading provider of radio frequency identification (RFID) healthcare safety and security solutions, is expanding its clinical education services for users of their Safe Place® Infant & Pediatric Solutions so staff members can more effectively and efficiently protect patients, help families feel safe, and meet facility workflow goals.
"By providing a broad educational service offering, our customers can learn the performance features that are most important to their facility and their patients," said Brenda Pope, clinical education director. "Enhanced education ensures a familiarity with the system. That way, users perform the right function at the right time and can efficiently react and respond during critical security situations."
An array of flexible education packages and follow-up options meet the needs of any size hospital.
Clinical education packages support system launch
- "Go-Live" support packages: range from 1.5 to 4.5 days, include up to 16 classes, and can accommodate more than 225 class members
- "Enhanced Go-Live" package: VPN review for seven days after Go-Live to verify the system is performing in accordance with a hospital's needs
- Train the trainer course: provides enhanced instruction for users who will educate staff
- Step-by-Step™ toolkit: resources to help staff establish an ongoing, effective security solution
"When staff members are comfortable with their Safe Place solution, they're able to educate each other and truly take ownership of their system," Pope said. "Not only does this empower a hospital workforce, but it protects the investment they've made in both their Safe Place system and us."
Follow-up education options are customized to hospital needs after system launch
- Refresher education package: one-day follow-up for up to 50 staff members to review system functions and provide tips on enhancing workflow
- Clinical site consultation: onsite system review for one day; includes detailed reports and recommendations for improvement
- Onsite administrator education: one-day, onsite class designed for system administrators
- Web-based education modules: interactive modules and quizzes available online anytime
- Remote clinical VPN assessment: analysis and reporting of data captured via secure VPN
"The VPN assessment was created to improve productivity and process flow while also identifying ways to increase patient safety. By pinpointing user errors, we can investigate solutions to any technical issues or offer targeted education," Pope said.
The Safe Place Infant Security Solution uses reliable, lightweight transmitters and patent-pending Smart Sense® technology with the softest banding on the market. The Safe Place Pediatric Security Solution uses a locking transmitter to easily monitor patients. Both solutions employ nurse friendly equipment and technology to help prevent infant and child abductions.
About RF Technologies
RF Technologies is a leading provider of comprehensive, integrated RFID-based Safety and Security Solutions for senior care facilities and hospitals, including Code Alert® Wandering Management and Quick Response® Wireless Call Systems, Sensatec® Fall Management, and Safe Place® Infant, Pediatric, and Elopement Management Security Systems. With over 10,000 installations in its 24-year history, RF Technologies is credited with inventing the first RFID infant security system, which was designed and developed by nurse clinicians. It was the first in the industry to offer Remote Monitoring, RF Consulting, 24x7 Technical Support by RF Technologies' staff specialists, and a nationwide service team. www.rft.com
SOURCE RF Technologies
More by this Source
RF Technologies Announces Revised Service Agreements
Feb 19, 2014, 10:19 ET
RF Technologies® Releases Enhancements to Help Alert Wireless Panic Button Solution
Oct 31, 2013, 15:52 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.