Rhode Island Spa Offers New Uplifting Treatment
Spa Owner Among the First to Receive Training and Provide this One-Of-A-Kind Service
SOUTH KINGSTOWN, R.I., Dec. 19, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- SeaMist MedSpa, Rhode Island's leading provider of Botox® and other skin rejuvenation products, is proud to announce they are the first facility in Rhode Island to offer Juvéderm VOLUMA™ XC, a new FDA approved, non-surgical filler specifically developed for anti-aging the cheek area.
"I am so excited and honored to be the only medical professional in Rhode Island to have participated in the training for the newly FDA-approved Juvéderm VOLUMA™ XC product in San Diego this past weekend." says Ellen Scobie, owner of SeaMist MedSpa and cosmetic aesthetic nurse who has been successfully practicing in Rhode Island for over 13 years. Scobie goes on to say, "VOLUMA™ XC is the first product of its kind to be used for aging in the midface to restore the cheeks and lift the jowl area. I have had many years of experience with the mid face area and now we are pleased to offer a product that will give instant results lasting up to two years."
Juvéderm VOLUMA™ XC is a revolutionary product that is injected into the cheek area to gently lift the skin and temporarily correct age-related volume loss, creating a more youthful appearance and providing natural-looking, long-lasting results. Juvéderm is made by the pharmaceutical company Allergan (AGN : NYSE), a multi-specialty health care company established more than 60 years ago. Allergan's ever-evolving portfolio includes pharmaceuticals, biologics, medical devices, over-the-counter consumer products, state-of-the-art resources in R&D, manufacturing and safety surveillance. Allergan manufactures many other specialty products such as RESTASIS®, BOTOX®, LATISSE® and Juvéderm®.
SeaMist MedSpa is located in South Country Commons in South Kingstown, Rhode Island. They are medically licensed clinicians offering male and female clients safe, effective, clinically-proven medical care, rejuvenation and BOTOX RI® treatment. Partners, Ellen Scobie, RN, a nationally recognized Certified Injector and Board Certified Dermatologist and Louis V. Colavecchio, MD, provide patients with the highest standard of care; warmth and personal attention as well as the latest in skin care technology. SeaMist MedSpa provides many innovative skin care procedures such as BOTOX®, Thermage®, sublative rejuvenation, laser acne treatments, medical grade skin peels and laser hair removal.
JUVéDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gel is indicated for deep (subcutaneous and/or supraperiosteal) injection for cheek augmentation to correct age-related volume loss in the mid-face in adults over the age of 21.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Are there any reasons why I should not receive JUVéDERM VOLUMA™XC?
Do not use the product if you have severe allergies with a history of severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the proteins (gram-positive bacterial proteins) used to make the hyaluronic acid (HA) in JUVéDERM VOLUMA™ XC.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
• The safety of JUVéDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gel for use during pregnancy, in women who are breastfeeding, or in patients with very thin skin in the cheek area has not been studied
• The safety for use in patients under 35 years or over 65 years has not been studied
• The safety and effectiveness for treatment in areas other than the cheek area have not been established
• The safety for use in patients with a history of excessive scarring or pigmentation disorders has not been studied and may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
• The long-term safety of repeat treatments has not been established
• Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection may be at a higher risk for side effects
• Tell your doctor if you are on therapy used to decrease the body's immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Use may result in an increased risk of infection
• Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners; as with any injection, this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
• Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to extensive sun or heat within the first 24 hours following treatment
What are possible side effects?
Side effects are typically moderate (uncomfortable) and generally last 2 to 4 weeks. The most common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.
To report a side effect, please call Allergan Product Surveillance at 1-877-345-5372.
JUVéDERM VOLUMA™ XC injectable gel is available by prescription only.
JUVéDERM®XC Important Information
As with all skin-injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
To report a problem with JUVéDERM®, please call Allergan Product Surveillance at 1-800-624-4261.
Media Contact: Shellie Fiano, SeaMist MedSpa, 401-782-2400, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE SeaMist MedSpa
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.