NEW YORK, Oct. 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
"Growth in demand from the food & beverage industry to drive the market for rigid plastic packaging"
The global market for rigid plastic packaging is projected to grow from USD 189.43 billion in 2015 to reach USD 262.68 billion by 2021, at an estimated CAGR of 5.71%. The rigid plastic packaging market is driven by factors such as increase in urban population, demand for pharmaceutical supplies, and growth of the food & beverage industry. Rigid plastic packaging provides visually appealing packaging for food that maintains freshness and provides protection during shipping and transport. Plastic containers are specially designed for retailers, food processors, and brand owners seeking safe packaging that is environment-friendly. The growth in demand for flexible packaging poses a threat to rigid plastic packaging market.
"Bottles & jars accounted for the largest market share in 2015"
The bottles & jars segment accounted for the largest market share in 2015 in the rigid plastic packaging market. Bottles & jars have properties such as easy handling and excellent damage preventionThe increase in demand for consumer durables, healthcare, and food & beverages supports the growth of bottles & jars.
"Asia-Pacific region to gain maximum traction during the forecast period"
The Asia-Pacific region is projected to be the fastest-growing market during the forecast period, followed by Europe. In Asia-Pacific, China is the largest consumer for rigid plastic packaging, followed by Japan. China, with its growing food & beverage and healthcare industries, is expected to drive the rigid plastic packaging market. Japan, with its growing inclination toward convenient products, is expected to impact the rigid plastic packaging market in the Asia-Pacific region.
Breakdown of primaries
Primary interviews were conducted with a number of industry experts, in order to collect data related to different aspects of rigid plastic packaging. The distribution of primary interviews is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 43%, Tier 2 – 33%, and Tier 3 – 24%
- By Designation: C level – 40%, Manager level – 35%, and Others – 25%
- By Region: North America – 40%, Asia-Pacific – 25%, Europe – 20%, and the Rest of the World (RoW)– 15%
The suppliers of rigid plastic packaging and related products in the report are as follows:
1. Amcor Limited (Australia)
2. Bemis Company, Inc. (U.S.)
3. RPC Group Plc (U.K.)
4. Alpla Werke, Alwin Lehner GmbH & Co. Kg (Austria)
5. Berry Plastics Corporation (U.S.)
6. Coveris Holdings S.A. (Luxembourg)
7. Reynolds Group Holdings (New Zealand)
8. Plastipak Holdings, Inc. (U.S.)
9. Consolidated Container Company (U.S.)
10. Silgan Holdings, Inc. (U.S.)
The rigid plastic packaging market has been segmented on the basis of material, type, production process, application, and region. The report covers detailed information regarding the major factors influencing the growth of the rigid plastic packaging market such as drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities. A detailed analysis of the key industry players has been done to provide insights into their business overview, products & services, key strategies, and recent developments associated with the market.
Reasons to buy the Report
This report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the rigid plastic packaging market comprehensively and provides the closest approximation of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across the different verticals and regions.
2. This report will help stakeholders to understand the market and provide them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
3. This report will help stakeholders to better understand their competitors and gain more insights into their position in the business.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04247294-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/rigid-plastic-packaging-market-by-raw-material-type-production-process-application-and-region---global-forecast-to-2021-300350134.html