WELLESLEY, Mass., May 20 /PRNewswire/ -- When Roche Bros. opens its first
Cape Cod supermarket on June 11, 2004 in Mashpee, Julie Lucy will be waiting
for the doors to open. The 20-year town resident says no other market matches
the quality and service of the Roche Bros. Needham store, near her former home
in Dover, MA.
"I drive by the construction site every day to make sure they're working,"
Lucy says. "I can't wait. The quality of Roche Bros. food is that excellent,
and so is the service. If there's something you want, they go out of their
way to find it for you. From my experience, it's the perfect store."
Lucy, who works at Talbot's, claims several of her co-workers and other
'transplants' who once shopped at Roche Bros. supermarkets or the company's
Sudbury Farms stores are equally excited.
The 42,000 square foot Mashpee store is the locally-owned chain's 16th
Massachusetts supermarket. Shoppers will enter through a colorful farmer's
market featuring the freshest produce. They will then whisk down the "power
aisle" for fresh and prepared lunches and dinners, sushi bar, the always-
attended butcher shop, and bakery.
Designed with shoppers' convenience and aesthetic sense in mind, the
store's offerings include:
* The Kitchen -- "Home cooking to go." Hot and cold prepared foods and
* Chef's Creations -- high end prepared meals
* Seafood -- fish is supplied by Foley Fish Co. of New Bedford, the
purveyor of seafood to the finest restaurants and hotels
* Sushi bar -- with on-site sushi chef
* Bakery -- broad selection of quality breads, rolls, cakes and pastries,
with muffins served directly from muffin tins
* Deli -- including several signature sliced meats and deli salads made in
Roche Bros. kitchens
* Produce -- the freshest, highest quality produce purchased daily from
Boston produce market or local growers
* Meats -- Roche Bros. has never strayed from its beginnings as a high
quality meat market
* Groceries -- a large selection of standard grocery items and Roche Bros.
private label products
* Florist -- full floral shop and floral services
* Creative Entertaining Catering -- for parties, meetings, functions, and
"Independent surveys show we're very competitively priced, but we're quite
a bit different in quality, service, and cleanliness," says second-generation
co-owner Jay Roche, who has a home in New Seabury. "We offer excellent value.
People who are looking for a better choice will shop with us."
"Roche Bros. is a very high quality supermarket, and we are delighted that
they are our anchor tenant," says Don Megathlin, Vice President of Talanian
Realty, developer of South Cape Village. "The advent of a Roche Bros.
supermarket on Cape Cod has created a lot of excitement, not only for Talanian
Realty but for the entire community."
SOURCE Roche Bros.