R.PR.A.Air Canada Introduces Lowest Price Guarantee to Assure Customers of Best Available Price On-Line
MONTREAL, Feb. 12, 2013 /CNW Telbec/ - Air Canada is expanding its Lowest Price Guarantee to give customers added assurance they are getting the lowest price available on-line within a 24-hour period when they book flights on Air Canada. The guarantee applies to any destination Air Canada serves for tickets bought in Canada on aircanada.com.
"Air Canada's new Lowest Price Guarantee means customers can be certain they will always get the best price for their Air Canada flight at aircanada.com. With the proliferation of travel websites the market can be confusing, so to make it easy for customers and give them confidence they are getting the lowest price available online we are expanding our existing North American fare guarantee to cover our entire global network. Our promise to our customers is that by going to aircanada.com they are guaranteed of always finding the lowest prices for wherever we fly and if they find the same flight elsewhere in Canada at a lower price within 24 hours we will provide a $50 travel credit plus the price difference," said Ben Smith, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer at Air Canada.
Here are the highlights of how our Lowest Price Guarantee works.
- It is available to all consumers and travel agencies purchasing tickets in Canada for Canadian originating flights on Air Canada, Air Canada rouge or Air Canada Express flights operated by Sky Regional or Jazz Aviation LP through aircanada.com
- If, within 24 hours of purchase, the customer finds a cheaper price for the same flight, itinerary and fare brand on another Canadian online travel retailer, then Air Canada will provide a travel credit for $50 plus the price difference, which can be applied towards future travel. Air Canada's policy of allowing customers to cancel any flight and receive a full refund within 24 hours of booking remains in effect.
- Customers and travel agencies who find a lower price can easily notify Air Canada on-line and are not required to buy the lower fare.
- The program covers all travel within Air Canada's network on flights marketed and operated by Air Canada, Air Canada rouge and Air Canada Express flights. It is available for all published retail fares sold in Canada by any Canadian online retail distribution channel that is an accredited vendor of Air Canada
- Travel Agents also have access to the Lowest Price Guarantee when booking on Air Canada's travel agency website
For more details please consult www.aircanada.com/guarantee.
About Air Canada
Air Canada is Canada's largest domestic and international airline serving more than 175 destinations on five continents. Canada's flag carrier is the 15th largest commercial airline in the world and in 2012 served close to 35 million customers. Air Canada provides scheduled passenger service directly to 59 Canadian cities, 55 destinations in the United States and 64 cities in Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Australia, the Caribbean, Mexico and South America. Air Canada is a founding member of Star Alliance, the world's most comprehensive air transportation network serving 1,329 destinations in 194 countries. Air Canada customers can collect Aeroplan miles for future rewards through Canada's leading loyalty program, and Top Tier members enjoy reciprocal frequent flyer benefits including lounge and priority services.
Air Canada is the only international network carrier in North America to receive a Four-Star ranking according to independent U.K. research firm Skytrax. In 2012, Air Canada was ranked for a third consecutive year "Best International Airline in North America" in a worldwide survey of more than 18 million airline passengers conducted by Skytrax. According to the 2012 Canadian Business Travel Survey conducted by Ipsos Reid, Air Canada was the preferred airline for more than 79 percent of frequent business travellers in Canada. In 2012, readers of Global Traveler magazine voted Air Canada "Best Airline in North America," the readers of Business Traveler voted Air Canada "Best North American Airline for International Travel" and "Best In-Flight Services in North America," and the readers of Premier Traveler voted Air Canada "Best North American Airline for Business Class Service," "Best North American Airline for International Travel" and "Best Flight Attendants in North America." For more information on Air Canada visit aircanada.com and follow @AirCanada on Twitter and Facebook.
SOURCE AIR CANADA