AMSTERDAM, Oct. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- RSA CONFERENCE EUROPE 2013
- RSA today unveiled a new software solution, RSA® Vulnerability Risk Management (VRM)
- RSA VRM takes a Big Data approach to help security teams identify and prioritize high-risk threats
- As part of the RSA Archer® GRC platform, RSA VRM helps connect vulnerability risk programs with overall IT GRC work streams to enable better visibility into the overall security risk of the organization
RSA, The Security Division of EMC (NYSE: EMC), today unveiled RSA® Vulnerability Risk Management (VRM), a new software solution designed to help organizations improve their overall security posture by analyzing massive amounts of vulnerability scan data and helping to identify and prioritize the highest-risk vulnerabilities. RSA VRM is engineered to leverage Big Data and advanced analytics to identify the most important vulnerabilities so they can be fixed quickly to limit risk and better prevent cyber attacks.
Read more about this news at EMC's product and technology blog, EMC Pulse here.
Combining asset business context, actionable threat intelligence, vulnerability assessment results and comprehensive workflows, RSA VRM helps proactively manage IT security risks and automates tasks to enable organizations to do more with fewer resources. The powerful data collection and aggregations capabilities are designed to allow RSA VRM to gather data from standard repositories as well as vulnerability scanning vendors to help more efficiently and effectively address potential threats. Additional benefits include:
- Comprehensive catalogs for both technical and business data for each IT asset
- Automation of manual tasks including workflow management, vulnerability lifecycle management and reports generation
- Detailed reports on KPIs, ROI of programs, and overall IT security risk posture of an organization
As part of the RSA Archer GRC platform, RSA VRM helps connect vulnerability risk programs with overall IT GRC work streams to enable better visibility into the overall security risk of the organization and is a critical component to an organization's overall Critical Incident Response strategy.
RSA Vulnerability Risk Management is generally available now.
Chris Christiansen, Program Vice President, Security Products and Services, IDC
"Vulnerability management tends to be a challenge many organizations have a hard time overcoming. Scanning the infrastructure for vulnerabilities provides a lot of information with very little context and understanding. By taking what is essentially a Big Data problem and turning it into the solution, security teams will be better armed to address their most pressing vulnerabilities."
James Ducharme, Senior Director of Engineering, RSA
"Organizations have tens of thousands of IT resources that are critical for the survival and growth of their business, but many of them have vulnerabilities that can lead to exploits and attacks. With limited visibility into the highest-risk vulnerabilities, security teams are faced with the impossible feat of trying to patch everything at once. Using a Big Data approach and combining vulnerability scan results, business context of assets and threat intelligence, RSA VRM is designed to provide vital information around which vulnerabilities need to be addresses and the priority of order – helping security teams make the most of current resources and mitigate cyber attacks."
- Learn more about RSA Vulnerability Risk Management
- Register for the upcoming webcast: Leverage Big Data Analytics to Address IT Vulnerabilities
- EMC Pulse Blog: Slowing Down the Vulnerability Whack-a-Mole Game Using Big Data, Analytics and RSA Archer
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and ECN
RSA, The Security Division of EMC, is the premier provider of intelligence-driven security solutions. RSA helps the world's leading organizations solve their most complex and sensitive security challenges: managing organizational risk, safeguarding mobile access and collaboration, preventing online fraud, and defending against advanced threats.
Combining agile controls for identity assurance, fraud detection, and data protection, robust Security Analytics and industry-leading GRC capabilities, and expert consulting and advisory services, RSA brings visibility and trust to millions of user identities, the data they create, the transactions they perform, and the IT infrastructure they rely on. For more information, please visit www.EMC.com/RSA.
RSA, EMC and Archer are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other products and/or services referenced are trademarks of their respective companies.
EMC and RSA are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other products and/or services referenced are trademarks of their respective companies.
SOURCE EMC Corporation