RSA® Security Analytics Leverages Big Data to Help Transform How Organizations Address Their Biggest Security Challenges New Approach to Security Offers Unparalleled Visibility, Speed and Scale
BEDFORD, Mass., Jan. 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- RSA® Security Analytics is designed to transform security operations by leveraging the power of Big Data to provide visibility and context required to help identify and defend against advanced security challenges and sophisticated threats.
- Engineered to enable security organizations to better detect and investigate threats missed by traditional, signature-based security tools, RSA Security Analytics significantly reduces the time and cost associated with threat detection, investigation and response.
- RSA Security Analytics represents the next generation of security technology designed to address SIEM requirements for the ever-changing threat and compliance landscape.
- RSA Security Analytics is the cornerstone of RSA's intelligence-driven strategy to help customers improve their Security Management and Advanced Threat defenses.
RSA, The Security Division of EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC), today announced the release of RSA® Security Analytics – a transformational security monitoring and investigative solution designed to help organizations defend their digital assets against today's most sophisticated internal and external threats. Built on the proven architecture of RSA NetWitness® technology, RSA Security Analytics fuses SIEM, Network Forensics, & Big Data analytics into a security platform that will be the cornerstone of next generation security operations centers.
Any intelligence-driven security program must begin with a comprehensive understanding of risk facing the organization. Current security technologies, including SIEM tools, often fall short in this area; they cannot provided deep enough visibility into today's threats and often cannot scale to today's analytic needs.
By providing security professionals with the visibility to see and understand vulnerabilities and attacks, RSA Security Analytics is engineered to enable the discovery of risks as they occur, thus significantly cutting the time required for investigations from days to minutes. Furthermore, by helping security professionals understand digital risks originating from both inside and outside their enterprise, organizations can better defend business assets, including intellectual property and other sensitive data, while reducing the time and cost associated with threat management and compliance-focused reporting.
The RSA Security Analytics Unified Platform is designed to deliver:
- Quick Capture and Analysis -- Security-relevant data, including full network packets, logs, and threat intelligence, are captured and quickly analyzed to speed up the detection of potential threats.
- High Powered Analytics – Enables much larger-scale collection of data and empowers new analysis methods over that of traditional SIEM-based approaches to security.
- Integrated Threat Intelligence – Helps organizations operationalize the use of threat intelligence feeds to accelerate detection and investigations of potential attack tools and techniques targeting the enterprise.
- Context for Threats – Through integrations with the RSA Archer® GRC platform and RSA® Data Loss Prevention (DLP) suite, and by fusing data produced by other products, analysts can use business context to prioritize and allocate resources to the threats which pose the greatest risk.
- Malware Identification – Using a variety of investigative techniques, the solution identifies a much wider range of malware-based attacks.
- Automates Compliance Reporting – Helps enable compliance as an outcome of good security practices.
The integration of proven Big Data platforms and analytic methods into security tools provides a significant advancement to how security is performed. As built, the RSA Security Analytics platform brings together unparalleled visibility, leverages Big Data platforms and advanced analytic methods capable of identifying high risk activities, advanced threat mitigation and meeting compliance objectives.
Jon Oltsik, Senior Principal Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group
"The sophistication of advanced attacks and the associated malware is growing every day testing the limitations of existing security analytics tools. The Big Data phenomenon could help address this situation for security professionals making it important for organizations to rethink their choice of security solutions. Marrying intelligence-driven security with Big Data analytics has the potential to help enterprises address the complex problem of advanced threats and thus meet a significant need in the marketplace."
Amit Yoran, Senior Vice President, RSA, The Security Division of EMC
"Organizations must move beyond the constraints of traditional security and embrace agile technologies and methods for dealing with today's dynamic threats. RSA Security Analytics is engineered to reinvent security monitoring and threat detection. By combining high fidelity forensic visibility with big security data collection and management, and a complete revolution in advanced analytics, RSA is helping organizations take their security programs and advanced security operations centers to a new level."
RSA Security Analytics is now available worldwide.
- Learn more about RSA Security Analytics
- RSA Security Analytics Launch Event: Security Analytics Like You've Never Seen January, 30 2013 at 9AM EST and 1PM EST
- Download the RSA Security Analytics Data Sheets
- Speaking of Security Blog: The Big Data Security Analytics Era Is Here
- Chuck Hollis via Chuck's Blog: When Big Data Changed Security
- Connect with RSA via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and the RSA Speaking of Security Blog and Podcast
RSA, The Security Division of EMC, is the premier provider of security, risk, and compliance- management solutions for business acceleration. RSA helps the world's leading organizations succeed by solving their most complex and sensitive security challenges. These challenges include managing organizational risk, safeguarding mobile access and collaboration, proving compliance, and securing virtual and cloud environments.
Combining business-critical controls in identity assurance, encryption & key management, SIEM, Data Loss Prevention, and Fraud Protection with industry-leading eGRC capabilities and robust consulting services, RSA brings visibility and trust to millions of user identities, the transactions that they perform, and the data that is generated. For more information, please visit www.EMC.com/RSA.
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset – information – in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com.
RSA, EMC, NetWitness and Archer are either registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. All other products and/or services referenced are trademarks of their respective companies.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in the filings of EMC Corporation, the parent company of RSA, with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC and RSA disclaim any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
SOURCE EMC Corporation