Saatchi & Saatchi Designs App for the Faberge Big Egg Hunt in NYC
NEW YORK, April 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Saatchi & Saatchi New York is pleased to partner with the Elephant Family Charity on the Faberge Big Egg Hunt, running until April 26th 2014 in New York City. There will be over 260 unique egg installations hidden across all five boroughs, each created by leading name artists/designers including: Jeff Koons, Diane von Furstenberg, Curtis Kulig, Nathan Sawaya, and Zaha Hadid. Beginning April 18th, all the eggs will be gathered together at Rockefeller Center prior to being auctioned off by Sotheby's and online auctioneer Paddle8; this event is 100% charitable and will benefit both Studio in a School and Elephant Family.
First held in London in 2012, this year's citywide egg hunt has a 21st century twist: it is powered by Saatchi's free rich mobile game app, facilitating egg hunting and participation in a sweepstakes for a chance to win over $125,000 worth of Faberge jewels.
"London was such a success and we wanted to take it to the next level," said Saatchi & Saatchi New York CEO, Brent Smart. "The Saatchi brand has always had a close link to the Arts, so this is a cool marriage between our past and our digital present."
About the iOS/Android App:
This app includes: an interactive map, a real-time feed containing clues/tips, an egg basket archiving your personal egg collection, and a gallery of user generated photos for each egg. The hunt is made more exciting because anyone with this app will receive notifications when they are nearby a new (uncollected) egg. This proves useful because all eggs are hidden on the map until at least 10 "egg crackers" crack them (check in); then all "egg hunters" are able to see the revealed locations.
How it works:
- Users download the free App and register to play/enter the sweeps
- Beacon technology sends notifications when "egg hunters" are in close proximity to the individual egg sculptures
- "Egg hunters" collect eggs which are then automatically stored in their Egg Baskets
- The Leaderboard shows the top "egg hunters" based on number of eggs collected, while the egg cracker honor roll shows the 10 "egg crackers" (the first 10 "egg hunters") per egg
- Locations on the interactive Google map are unlocked based on the collective effort of "egg crackers"
- @TheBigEggHuntNY social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) aggregate and highlight UGC, and also share clues to make the hunt more engaging #theBigEggHuntNY & #EggNumber (the identifying egg number on the plaque, e.g. #Egg58)
- More information can also be found at thebigegghunt.org and facebook.com/thebigegghunt
Based on the complexity of the above, Saatchi brought in some key partners to help bring this experience to life: ResoluteD, our app development partner; Nomi, our beacon technology partner; Mass Relevance, our social media partner; and DJA, our sweepstakes partner.
ABOUT Saatchi & Saatchi
Saatchi & Saatchi New York (www.saatchiny.com) is the largest agency in the 130 -office Saatchi & Saatchi global network, part of Publicis Groupe, the world's third largest communications group. It handles Walmart, Lenovo, MillerCoors as well as over 40 #1 brands in its client portfolio, including: Tide, Pampers, Duracell and Olay (Procter & Gamble); Cheerios and Yoplait (General Mills); Theraflu and Triaminic (Novartis).
Saatchi & Saatchi is known for its outstanding creative ideas that generate powerful emotional connections between consumers and products. This is a key element in Lovemarks, Saatchi & Saatchi's unique methodology for elevating the status of brands created to create "loyalty beyond reason" and "inspirational consumers."
SOURCE Saatchi & Saatchi