SAE International Finalizes Keynote Speakers for Convergence 2012 in Detroit
WARRENDALE, Pa., Oct. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The keynote speakers have been finalized for the SAE Convergence 2012 - Electronic Innovation Through Leadership - on Oct. 16-17 at Cobo Center in Detroit.
SAE Convergence brings together technology leaders from across the globe to address the impact of electronics systems and the issues critical to mobility electronics implementation. This year's Convergence features a compelling line-up focusing on the most relevant issues surrounding electronics technology.
General Motors is serving as the host for the 2012 event. John Calabrese, vice president of global vehicle engineering for General Motors, will serve as general chair for Convergence 2012.
This year's keynote speakers are:
- Mark L. Reuss, president of General Motors North America, will deliver the Tuesday, Oct. 16, keynote address at 9 a.m. in the Riverview Ballroom. Reuss will discuss the future of connectivity and electrification in the automotive industry, the impact it is having today, and the impact it will have through the next century. His talk will explain how the automobile industry in general, General Motors in particular, the government and the educational community can jumpstart the process.
- Rob High, IBM fellow, vice president and chief technology officer of IBM Watson Solutions, will deliver the Wednesday, Oct. 17, keynote speech at 9 a.m. in the Riverview Ballroom. High will deliver address attendees on the challenge of creating Watson, a computer designed to compete against humans on the television game show, Jeopardy.In doing so, IBM demonstrated that a computer could be built to understand the subtle dimensions of natural language and find answers to difficult questions across an enormous knowledge base.
- Tom Izzo, head basketball coach at Michigan State University, will be the keynote speaker at the Convergence banquet on Wednesday, Oct. 17.
Convergence 2012 will feature two new programs:
- Future Leader Program: This program is designed to inform, encourage and motivate the engineering leaders of tomorrow. The Future Leader Program will help new engineers transition into the professional world by providing them with solid leadership principles that can be carried throughout their career. The program also provides peer-to-peer networking opportunities with executives from major corporations.
- Innovation Start-Up Marketplace: This new addition to the show floor is designed for small companies trying to get established in the mobility electronics industry. The Innovation Start-Up Marketplace offers up-and-coming entrepreneurs high visibility and access to leaders of the mobility industry.
The technology sessions include:
- Active Safety Technology Evolution: Exploring active safety and driver assistance features.
- Intelligent Vehicle Systems - Sustainability: What is possible when vehicle electronics converge with external infrastructure?
- Electronic Systems for Vehicle Propulsion - Sustainability: A look at the next generation system architecture and associated technology.
- Infotainment in the Age of "i": Are we ready for the "fifth" screen technology? What do we build into the vehicle? What will the consumer bring into the vehicle? What about the cloud?
- New Business Models and Disruptive Technology: A look at the business models being considered in order to implement these disruptive technologies.
- Mega Trends and Their Effect on Automotive Electronics: Explore some key mega trends such as marketplace, geography, customer expectations and technology.
For more information or to register for the event, contact SAE International at 1-877-606-7323 (U.S. and Canada only) or 1-724-776-4970 (outside U.S. and Canada) or email email@example.com.
SAE International is a global association of more than 133,000 engineers and related technical experts in the aerospace, automotive and commercial-vehicle industries. SAE International's core competencies are life-long learning and voluntary consensus standards development. SAE International's charitable arm is the SAE Foundation, which supports many programs, including A World In Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.
- www.sae.org -
Contact: Shawn Andreassi of SAE International, 1-724-772-8522 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE SAE International