Salesforce.com Vice President Peter Coffee to Present at Rock Stars of Mobile Cloud
Free cloud magazine subscription offered to early-bird registrants for May 6 event in Boston
LOS ALAMITOS, Calif., Jan. 30, 2014 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Peter Coffee, Vice President and Head of Platform Research at Salesforce.com, will be among the high-level mobile cloud experts presenting at the premiere event, Rock Stars of Mobile Cloud, set for 6 May in Boston. Coffee will present "APIs of Everything: Beyond the Mobile App."
IEEE Computer Society's Rock Stars of Mobile Cloud is an advanced, one-day symposium for both business and technology executives that provides attendees with the newest insights, strategies, and best practices in the mobile cloud. To register, visit http://www.computer.org/Mobile-Cloud. Those who register now will save $100 with early-bird pricing and will receive a free annual digital subscription to IEEE Cloud Computing, IEEE's newest cloud computing magazine.
When there are billions of connected devices on an Internet of Things, there can't be a separate app for every kind of thing—and the application programming interfaces (APIs) of things must be robust languages for real transactions, not just naive dialects suited for little more than demonstrations. This talk by Coffee will explore the implications for designing APIs that elevate performance of both people and machines.
Coffee has a long history of working with IT professionals and independent developers to build global communities using cloud application platforms, including salesforce.com's Force.com and Heroku. Coffee also served as the company's first CTO for Automobile Industry Initiatives and supported customers' Internet of Things and big data programs. He has more than three decades experience guiding adoption of new technologies and practices as a developer, consultant, educator, author, and lecturer, with particular emphasis on software development and information security disciplines.
Other top leaders who will be presenting at Rock Stars of Mobile Cloud, include:
· Nick Brown, SAP Senior Vice President of Mobile Strategy
· Scott Davis, CTO of End User Computing at VMware
· Bernard Golden, Vice President of Enterprise Solutions for Enstratius
· Joshua Greenbaum, Principal of Enterprise Applications Consulting
· Dr. John Halamka, CIO of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
· Frank Ingari, CEO of NaviNet
· George Reese, Executive Director of Cloud Management, Dell Enstratius, and
· Krishnan Subramanian, Director of OpenShift Strategy at Red Hat.
These mobile cloud experts will share insights such as:
· How to stay in control of your mission-critical data when there are billions of connected devices on the Internet of Things
· How to use the Composable Enterprise to stay competitive in a digital world and bring the pieces together to make it work
· Best practices and case studies on how you can use the mobile cloud to elevate performance of people, machines, and your organization
· Answers about how healthcare's embrace of mobile cloud can be used as a blueprint for other industries.
To find out more about 2014's most important gathering of mobile cloud experts, visit http://www.computer.org/Mobile-Cloud. Team pricing is available for groups of three or more. Follow IEEE Computer Society on Twitter for the latest updates.
About IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society is the world's leading computing membership organization and the trusted information and career-development source for a global workforce of technology leaders including: professors, researchers, software engineers, IT professionals, employers, and students. The unmatched source for technology information, inspiration, and collaboration, the IEEE Computer Society is the source that computing professionals trust to provide high-quality, state-of-the-art information on an on-demand basis. The Computer Society provides a wide range of forums for top minds to come together, including technical conferences, publications, and a comprehensive digital library, unique training webinars, professional training, and the TechLeader Training Partner Program to help organizations increase their staff's technical knowledge and expertise, as well as the personalized information tool myComputer. To find out more about the community for technology leaders, visit http://www.computer.org.
Media Contact: Margo McCall, IEEE Computer Society, (714) 816-2182, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE IEEE Computer Society
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.