SAN JOSE, Calif., April 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- San Jose Marriott invites visitors to discover the playful side of San Jose with its Park, Play, Stay Package in a city that boasts 300 days of annual sunshine and loads of fun and free attractions.
Starting at $176 plus tax, the deal represents 20 percent savings on hotel accommodations and includes complimentary valet parking for one car per guest room.
This package, one of many Marriott San Jose hotel deals, is available Thursday through Sunday through Dec. 30, 2016 and requires an overnight stay on Friday or Saturday.
Downtown San Jose offers a robust array of attractions to please visitors of all ages. Many of the unique activities are free to the public, including:
- San Pedro Square Market: Locals flock to the historic square, where they can listen to live music on the outdoor patio every Thursday through Sunday. Epicurean delights – ranging from sushi to tapas to regional wines – await foodies inside the bustling marketplace.
- First Fridays Art Walk: First Fridays Art Walk is a self-guided tour through art galleries, museums and independent creative businesses in downtown San Jose's trendy South of First Area (SoFA District).
- Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum & Planetarium: Showcasing the largest collection of Egyptian artifacts in western North America, the museum offers "Tomb Tours," planetarium shows and a chance to marvel at mummies in an exotic setting inspired by the ancient Temple of Amon at Karnak. Admission is complimentary Wednesday through Friday from 4 to 5 p.m.
- San Jose Municipal Rose Garden: In-the-know travelers take time to smell the roses at San Jose Municipal Rose Garden, recognized as America's Best Rose Garden by the American Rose Society. The 5.5-acre garden is abloom with more than 180 varieties of roses from April through November and is the perfect venue for a leisurely stroll or picnic.
- Pick A Park: San Jose is home to more 193 parks perfect for hiking and biking. Outdoor enthusiasts with a hankering for history will enjoy Almaden Quicksilver County Park, which dates back to 1847. In addition to unrivaled views of the valley, remnants of the county's mining history during the height of the Gold Rush can be found throughout the park.
- Japantown: One of only three Japantowns in the United States, the 126-year-old neighborhood hosts a monthly art walk on the second Friday of every month, during which visitors can view underground art at Empire Seven Studios.
To take advantage of the Park, Play, Stay Package, visit www.SanJoseMarriott.com or call 1-800-228-9290 and reference the promotional code PSF.
About San Jose Marriott
San Jose Marriott, a AAA four-diamond hotel at 301 S. Market Street in San Jose, CA is connected to the 555,000-square-foot San Jose McEnery Convention Center and steps away from the city's many attractions including the SAP Center. The 26-story hotel offers 510 newly renovated guest rooms and suites, 21,000 square feet of meeting space, high-speed Wi-Fi, a fitness center, rooftop pool and a Concierge Lounge and Terrace with stunning valley views. Epicureans will appreciate celebrity chef Michael Mina's award-winning Arcadia steakhouse and Tanq Bar with its sleek underwater ambiance, handcrafted specialty cocktails, regional wines and bar bites. For information, visit www.SanJoseMarriott.com or call 1-408-280-1300.
Sign up now for Marriott Rewards and get on the fast track to earn points for free hotel stays, room upgrades, flights, credit card purchases and deals with Marriott partners.
Learn more about Marriott International Inc.
Samara Public Relations
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/san-jose-marriott-spotlights-regions-burgeoning-leisure-appeal-with-park-play-stay-package-300253904.html
SOURCE San Jose Marriott