SAS Alumni International BLOG Help bright but poor kids attend SAS. Donate to scholarship fund.
CANTONMENT, Fla., Feb. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- SAS Ai HQ -- We need your help with our mission. We are raising funds to send bright, promising kids who come from poor families to SAS high school using financial help. Poor families make a gross annual income of less than P50,000 Philippine pesos, or roughly $1167 USD.
It costs $540 to send one sponsored student through one year of high school. This $540 amount pays for:
- Tuition and matriculation
- Books, manuals and publications
- Computer LAB fees and various fees
- School uniforms - T-shirt and pants for the boys and blouse and skirt for the girls
- Shoes - rubber shoes for the boys and patent leather shoes for the girls
- Socks and athletic wear for intramural sports and PE
- School supplies - pencils, pens, writing paper, notebooks, crayons, sewing kit
- Internet CAFE fees for online research and email
- USB flash drive for computer work storage
- Outside of the classroom activities, such as, educational excursions, sleep-overs, and picnics
Your donation to the scholarship fund is tax deductible. We are a 501(c)(3) public charity organization. We sponsor kids based on two criteria:
- The applicant must be academically strong and prepared maintaining an elementary school GPA of 85% or higher
- The applicant must come from a poor family with a gross annual income of less than P50,000 Philippine pesos or roughly $1167 USD a year
We have a SAS Ai Field Team based there locally in Tagudin, Ilocos Sur, Philippines to look after the sponsored students and to make sure they attend school. They check with the home room teacher for school performance, homework assignment completion, and periodic test results. The Field Team makes sure the sponsored student maintains a GPA of 85% or higher. The Field Team starts the applicant processing, adminstering the admission requirements, evaluating applications, doing the interviews and making the home visitation to corroborate financial need.
For school year 2012, seven of our sponsored students made it to the honor roll, the highest achiever graduating as class Salutatorian. We currently have 22 sponsored students in all grades of high school. School year 2013 class registration begins in April extending into May. Classes officially begin in June.
We are processing applications for 2013 and raising money to replenish and strengthen our scholarship fund. 100% of the scholarship fund goes to the student's schooling. Our non-profit does not incur any administrative costs. We are all volunteers and run SAS Ai, Inc. volunteering our own personal resources, expertise, skills, professional experience, and time to help these bright kids get a good high school education.
Please help us with our mission by donating to the scholarship fund. Write your check or money order to "The Scholarship Fund" and send it to:
Ms Estrellita G Purugganan
SAS Ai, Inc. Treasurer
43096 Branower St.
Ashburn, VA 2014
You can also transact your donation online using our secure acceptance portal. We accept VISA, MC and DISCOVER. You can do a one-time donation or you can open a monthly allotment of $45 dollars. Your receipt will be sent to you via email immediately after the transaction. Keep your receipt for your year-end Federal Income Tax filing.
Crisostomo Buenavista, SAS Alumni International, Inc. (SAS Ai, Inc.), 850-293-9604, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE SAS Alumni International, Inc.