BEAVERTON, Ore., Sept. 27, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- To provide educators with innovative, real-world examples of how data-collection technology is being used to make a measurable difference for students and teachers, Vernier Software & Technology will release a of educator success stories featuring science and STEM teachers. This collection is the latest resource offered by Vernier for educators to support teaching students with technology.
"We are constantly impressed with the innovative ways our customers use data-collection technology to engage their students in hands-on learning," said John Wheeler, CEO of Vernier Software & Technology. "Sharing these stories, which we hope will inspire fellow teachers to continue to use technology in new and exciting ways, is part of our overall commitment to provide the ongoing service, support, and resources educators need to succeed in the classroom."
Each month a new story will be released on the Vernier Success Story page at http://www.vernier.com/company/success-stories/. For a chance to win a Vernier gift certificate, educators worldwide are encouraged to submit their own stories about an innovative use of Vernier technology or how Vernier has made a measurable difference in their teaching on Vernier's Stellar Service page at http://www.vernier.com/stellar-service/. All stories must be submitted in English.
The Vernier Stellar Service page also includes links to Vernier's compilation of free educator resources. These include:
- Innovative Uses: Educators can discover unexpected and creative experiment ideas from fellow teachers using Vernier technology.
- Experiments: The student version of investigations using probeware can be downloaded directly from the Vernier website. More than 1,000 sample experiments are available.
- Supporting Research: Educators can read the research about the correlation between teaching with probeware and improved student learning.
- Online Video Library: This collection of more than 180 videos provides helpful tutorials on using various Vernier data-collection technologies.
- Technical Information Library (TIL): An extensive collection of technical information, troubleshooting advice, frequently asked questions, and more than 1,000 searchable technology tips are available 24/7. The Vernier TIL was honored with a Stellar Service Award from Tech & Learning magazine.
- Webinars: These personalized, customized webinars provide an effective way for educators and their science departments to learn more about using Vernier technology.
The Vernier Stellar Service page also includes helpful links to Vernier's grants, workshops, warranty, innovative technology, technical support team, and newsletter.
To learn more about Vernier's free resources and how to submit a success story, visit http://www.vernier.com/stellar-service/.
About Vernier Software & Technology
Vernier Software & Technology has led the innovation of scientific data-collection technology for 35 years. Vernier was founded by a former physics teacher and hires educators at all levels of the organization. The company is committed to teachers and developing creative ways to teach and learn science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) using hands-on science. Vernier creates easy-to-use and affordable science interfaces, sensors, and graphing/analysis software. With worldwide distribution to over 130 countries, Vernier data loggers are used by educators and students from elementary school to university. Vernier technology-based solutions enhance STEM education, increase learning, build students' critical thinking skills, and support the science and engineering practices detailed in the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS). The Vernier business culture is grounded in Earth-friendly policies and practices, and the company provides a family-friendly workplace. For more information, visit http://www.vernier.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/science-and-stem-teachers-share-success-stories-on-probeware-and-student-learning-300334809.html
SOURCE Vernier Software & Technology