Sears and Kmart Celebrate Black Friday by Offering Customers Unique Shopping Events and Special Discounts
Customers can start their shopping early and get great deals on must-have gifts
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Nov. 24, 2010 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Sears and Kmart are celebrating Black Friday differently by offering unique shopping events that provide customers with the best prices throughout the season. To make holiday shopping easier and more accessible for families, both retailers will open early and offer amazing deals on a wide range of products from consumer electronics and the latest fashions, to toys, home appliances and tools. Plus, both Sears and Kmart will be open on Thanksgiving Day to help shoppers beat the rush and get a jumpstart on their holiday shopping. Also, to provide customers with more purchasing options to make the shopping experience easier and more rewarding, Sears and Kmart are offering tools such as layaway (in-store and online), Shop Your Way Rewards, buy online, pick-up in-store and Sears2Go/Kmart2Go mobile options.
Sears Black Friday
Sears is opening its doors at 4 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 26 to give early bird customers a special opportunity to take advantage of unbelievable Doorbuster deals on banner brand items, including the retailer's exclusive brands: Craftsman, DieHard, Kenmore, Lands' End, Rebecca BonBon, and Bongo.
Beyond Black Friday, shoppers can take advantage of the following "Now" sale events leading up to Christmas:
- "Real Deals Now" on Dec. 1 - 2 and Dec. 8 - 9
- "Wow Now" on Dec. 3 - 4 and Dec. 10 -11
- "Christmas Now" on Dec. 17 -18 and Dec. 22 -24
"Sears understands that everyone has a different style when it comes to shopping, so we're providing unique offerings so customers can spend more time with their friends and family this holiday season," said David Friedman, senior vice president of marketing, Sears Holdings. "Whether that means you shop early in the season or wait until the last minute, we're making holiday shopping easier and more accessible by offering weekly deals up until Christmas."
A sample of Sears "Black Friday Now" deals for Friday, Nov. 26 include:
- Exclusive $229.99 RCA 24" 1080p LED HDTV (Reg. $299)
- Save 57% on Kenmore(1) 4.0 Front Load Washer and Dryer Pair, Sale price $599.98 when you buy the pair (Reg. $1,399.98)
- Save $280 on Craftsman 179cc Snow Thrower, Sale price $419.99 (limit three per store; NORTH)
- Save $180 on Yard Pro Mower, Sale price $199.99 (SOUTH)
- 20% off all Craftsman Power L&G and Outdoor Storage
- $29 final 1/3 ctw diamond earrings 23285 (Reg. $99.99)
- $79.99 final 1/2 ctw diamond necklace, bracelet or ring (Reg $259.99);
- Plus an additional 20% off all Fine Jewelry up to 60% off
- KitchenAid K4, 4.5 qt. Bowl lift stand mixer $149.99 after $50 savings and $50 mail-in-rebate (Reg. $249.99)
- $9.99 Canyon River Blues ® Jeans for the Family.
Kmart Blue Friday
Continuing its tradition, Kmart is painting Black Friday BLUE again with "Blue Friday" deals that will be available once the doors open at 5 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 26. Customers can take advantage of deep discounts on quality products to make sure families live their Christmas story this year. Kmart customers can also find exclusive product lines, such as the new Smart Sense line, Country Living, Dream Out Loud by Selena Gomez and Jaclyn Smith.
"Kmart's 'Blue Friday' specials were a huge success last year and we wanted to offer them again to ensure that our customers get the best value and products for their loved ones," said Mark Snyder, chief marketing officer for Kmart. "With so many friends and family members to buy for, we strive to offer quality products at low prices so every family can live their Christmas story this year."
A sample of Kmart Blue Friday deals (six hours only) for Friday, Nov. 26 include:
- Zenith 42" class plasma HDTV, Sale $399.99 (Orig. $549.99) plus get 25,000 ($25) Shop Your Way Rewards points
- Essential Home Complete Bed set, any size one price, sale $28 (Orig. $49.99)
- Craftsman C3 19.2V drill / drive, Sale $49.99 (Orig. $79.99)
- Diamond accent pendant, Sale $9.99 (Orig. $39.99)
- All Fisher-Price Thomas the Tank Engine and Imaginext toys, Buy 2 Get 1 FREE
- Joe Boxer women's fleece, $4.99 (Orig. $9.99)
- Attention women's wool peacoat, Sale $19.99 (Orig. $99.99)
- Route 66 men's bomber jacket, Sale $19.99 (Orig. $69.99)
- Trim A Home 6' Appalachian pine tree, Sale $19.99 (Orig. $49.99)
Extended Holiday Shopping Hours
Sears and Kmart will offer extended business hours at stores nationwide starting on Black Friday, Nov. 26 through Christmas Eve on Friday, Dec. 24.
Sears Holiday Store Hours:
- Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 25 (in most markets(2)): 7 a.m. to Noon
- Friday, Nov. 26: 4 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 27: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 28(3): 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Nov. 29 through Dec. 12: Normal hours *except Saturdays* (Mon-Fri. 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sun. 11 p.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Dec. 5: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. 6p – 9p is Friends and Family
- Dec. 12: 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Dec. 13: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Dec. 14-18: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Dec. 19: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Dec. 20-23: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Dec. 24: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Dec. 25: Closed
Kmart Holiday Store Hours:
- Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 25 (in most markets): 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 26: 5 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 27: 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 28: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Nov. 29 through Dec. 4: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Dec. 5 through 11: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Dec. 12 through 23: 6 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Dec. 24: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Dec. 25: Closed
Shoppers can also take advantage of services such as buy online, pick up in-store, ship-to-store, and free shipping options, all of which provide flexible solutions for customers during the hectic holiday rush. In-store pick-up capabilities include same day ordering and pick-up and curbside pick-up in select locations. Sears and Kmart will also be offering special shipping programs throughout the holiday.
Visit Sears.com or Kmart.com for more information and to find a location near you or shop online for the best deals of the holiday season.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with approximately 3,900 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, consumer electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears Holdings is the 2010 ENERGY STAR® Retail Partner of the Year. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 12 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at http://www.searsholdings.com.
(1) Gas dryer priced higher. Not available online or in Sears Outlet stores. Sales limited to in-store inventory only. Limit 4 per store. Gas/electric dryer availability will vary by store. No rainchecks. Additional discounts do not apply. Tickets for some of our Doorbuster specials may be passed out prior to store opening. See Sears.com for details.
(2) Sears and Kmart stores in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut and Puerto Rico will not be open on Thanksgiving Day, per their respective state laws.
(3) Sunday hours may vary depending on geographic region.
SOURCE Sears Holdings Corporation
More by this Source
Sears Holdings Names Arun Arora To Lead Sears Home Services Business
Apr 14, 2014, 17:00 ET
Sears Auto Center Offers Free Car Care Clinics For National Car Care Month
Apr 11, 2014, 09:56 ET
Adam Levine Expands Fashion Line At Kmart With Launch Of Women's Collection
Apr 08, 2014, 11:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.