Sears and Kmart Make Black Friday Shopping Easier and More Convenient Than Ever Before
Sears and Kmart extend shopping hours and offer unbeatable deals on banner brands
HOFFMAN ESTATES, Ill., Nov. 24 /PRNewswire/ -- Sears and Kmart are celebrating the busiest shopping day of the year, Black Friday, by making the shopping experience easier and more rewarding than ever before. Both retailers will have the best deals on all the must-have gifts of the season, extend store hours and offer convenient shopping options such as layaway (in store and online), but that's not all. Sears is taking the shopping experience to a new level with ShopYourWay(TM) and select Kmart stores will be open on Thanksgiving so that holiday shoppers can beat the Black Friday shopping rush. This year, Sears and Kmart shoppers are sure to find the perfect gift - at the perfect price.
Sears Black Friday
"All year long, families count on Sears for exclusive and exciting products at a great value -- and this holiday season is no exception," said Don Hamblen, Sears' chief marketing officer. "Families have a lot to purchase during the holidays and our Black Friday deals offer special savings on some of this season's most sought-after gifts, making gift giving even easier and more affordable with great prices on the best brands."
Sears Black Friday Deals (Nov. 27):
- Samsung 40-inch Class 1080p LCD HDTV for $599.99 *While quantities last, minimum three per store, no rainchecks
- Craftsman C3 19.2-volt drill/driver with charger on sale for $39.99 (regularly $79.99)
- Kenmore 3.5-cu ft High Efficiency washer and 5.8-cu ft. dryer pair on sale for $579.98 (regularly $1079.98) *Limit four per store, no rainchecks
- Canyon River Blues Jeans for the family on sale for $9.99 (regularly $17.99-$29.99)
This holiday season Sears' ShopYourWay offers personalized and convenient shopping options that allows for shopping to revolve around the customer 24/7. With options such as Web2Store and Sears' Personal Shopper, customers can get what they want, when they want and how they want it when they shop in store or online.
Black Friday shoppers can also take advantage of layaway, which is available both in store and online. Layaway enables customers to reserve gifts, including Black Friday deals, pay for them over time and pick them up right before the Holidays.
Kmart Blue Friday
Continuing the tradition for holiday shoppers that want to beat the Black Friday rush, select Kmart stores nationwide will once again be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. local time on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, Nov. 26. Stores that are not open on Thanksgiving will offer the same great doorbusters from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. local time on Wednesday, Nov. 25.
Thanksgiving Day Deals (Nov. 26; select stores on Nov. 25):
- 50-inch Samsung Plasma TV on sale for $699.99 (regularly $899.99) *While quantities last, minimum four per store, no rainchecks
- Hasbro Board Games - Buy one, get one free (of equal or lesser value; regularly $9.99-$34.99)
- Country Living 800 thread count sheet sets - $49.99 (regularly $69.99)
- Vivitar 8.1MP Digital Camera with free bag on sale for $49.99 (regularly $69.99) *While quantities last, minimum five per store no rainchecks
- Rival five-quart Programmable Crock Pot on sale for $19.99 (regularly $29.99) *All Slow Cookers on sale
- Joe Boxer Thermals two for $9 (regularly $5.99-$11.99)
This year, Kmart is painting Black Friday blue with "Blue Friday" specials. "Blue Friday" deals will be available once the doors open on Friday, Nov. 27, and more "Blue Light" specials will be announced throughout the day.
"Kmart is celebrating a new holiday this year - Blue Friday - and blue means more deals and more value for our shoppers," said Mark Snyder, Kmart's chief marketing officer. "Plus with the Kmart layaway program and extended holiday hours, families shop smarter at Kmart on Thanksgiving, on Blue Friday and all season long."
Blue Friday Deals (Nov. 27):
- Sony 32-inch 720p LCD HDTV $379.99 *While supplies last, minimum four per store, no rainchecks
- Razor Ripster $34.99 (regularly $59.99)
- 19.2-volt Craftsman Drill with one-hour charger $39.99 (regularly $79.99)
- 18-karat gold over sterling silver necklace (1/3 carat total weight diamond), ring (1/3 carat total weight diamond), earring (1/3 carat total weight diamond) $49.99 each (regularly $249.99)
- Legos - Buy two, get one free
- Men's and women's leather jackets $49.99 (regularly $129.99)
- Girls dresses $7.99 (regularly $16.99-$24.99)
- Cashmere sweaters $29.99 (regularly $69.99)
Blue Light Specials (will be announced throughout the day on Nov. 27)
- 50 percent off Fallout 3 video games for Xbox 360 and PS3 $19.99 (regularly $39.99)
- 50 percent off Christmas Tree 7-foot PVC LED Frasier Fir Clear/Multi $129.99 (regularly $259.99)
Two-Day Sale (Friday, Nov. 27 and Saturday, Nov. 28):
- Joe Boxer Sleepwear - Buy one get one free (men's sets/women's all) (regularly $9.99-$32.99)
- Save up to 60 percent on all holiday home decor linens and accessories (regularly $2.49-$59.99, sale priced $1-$24)
- 7-foot Heritage Pine Tree (Trim A Home) $79.99 (regularly $159.99); all Trim a Home trees will be 33 percent off (regularly $79.99-$259.99)
Holiday shoppers can take advantage of layaway at Kmart, which is available in store and online, making it easy for them to purchase great merchandise now -- including all "Blue Friday" deals. Layaway is a great way to start shopping early by allowing customers to make payments every other week over the course of eight weeks to better plan their spending.
Extended Holiday Shopping Hours
Starting on Friday, Nov. 27, both Sears and Kmart will be extending store hours to make shopping more convenient for consumers for the remainder of the holiday season.
Sears Holiday Store Hours:
- Friday, Nov. 27: 4 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 28: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Nov. 29 through Dec. 12: Normal hours *except Saturdays* (Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Sunday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Saturday, Dec. 5: 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 12: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Dec. 13: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Dec. 14 through 18: 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Dec. 19: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Dec. 20 through 23: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Dec. 24: 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Dec. 25: Closed
Kmart Holiday Store Hours:
- Open Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 26 (in most markets): 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday, Nov. 27: 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, Nov. 28: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 29: 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Nov. 30 through Dec. 5: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Dec. 6 through 12: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Dec. 13 through 23: 6 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Dec. 24: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Dec. 25: Closed
Visit Sears.com or Kmart.com for more information on special store hours, in store deals and online sales to find the best value and savings for this holiday season.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with approximately 3,900 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, home electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered exclusively by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 12 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' Web site at www.searsholdings.com.
SOURCE Sears Holdings Corporation