Sears Canada Named ENERGY STAR Retailer of the Year for the Fifth Consecutive Year
Sears customers saved over $80 million in energy costs by choosing ENERGY STAR qualified major appliances in 2011
TORONTO, June 6, 2012 /CNW/ - Sears Canada Inc. (TSX SCC) has been named the 2012 ENERGY STAR® Retailer of the Year by Natural Resources Canada. This is the 5th year in a row that Sears received this prestigious award from the Government of Canada for empowering customers to reduce their energy use, and the sixth time overall since the program started in 2003.
"Sears Canada is proud to be a leader in promoting energy efficiency," said Calvin McDonald, President and Chief Executive Officer at Sears Canada. "Sears considers the ENERGY STAR program to be an important component to the offering we make to our customers to help them save energy, and we are pleased to have been named as Canada's leading retailer in this area by the Government of Canada."
Sears offers the largest selection of ENERGY STAR qualified products in Canada, helping customers save money in the face of rising energy prices. This includes central air conditioners, tankless water heaters, windows and doors and major household appliances and electronics.
Sears Canada is celebrating its fifth ENERGY STAR Retailer of the Year award in a row with five great benefits to customers:
- Most sold and most saved: In 2011, Sears Canada sold over 950,000 ENERGY STAR qualified products, including major appliances which the Company estimates saved its customers over $80 million in energy costs.
- Widest selection: Sears offers over 3,500 ENERGY STAR qualified products, and accounts for 100% of windows and doors, over 95% of dishwashers, televisions, dehumidifiers and tankless water heaters and over 80% of refrigerators and clothes washers.
- Available coast to coast: Approximately 85% of Canadians live within a 20 minute drive of a Sears location.
- Lowest prices and flexible financing: Sears offers Price Protection Plus , by which it will match any competitor's advertised price for up to 90 days (details in store). Sears also provides a wide and flexible range of financing options.
- Knowledgeable sales associates: Sears associates have been trained to help customers understand the benefits of ENERGY STAR qualified products.
Here are some ENERGY STAR qualified major appliances on sale this weekend (Friday, June 8 to Sunday, June 10) at Sears:
Kenmore 18.5 cu ft ENERGY STAR fridge (item #69932)
$849.00 (Reg. 949.99)
Kenmore Elite front-load steam laundry pair with AST technology
ENERGY STAR Washer (item #49003)
Dryer (item #89003)
$1899.98 (Reg. (2399.98)
Whirlpool ENERGY STAR tall tub dishwasher (item #92182)
$399.99 (Reg. $499.99)
Leadership in Sustainability
Sears Canada made a commitment to reduce the carbon footprint of its retail operations by 20% below 2007 levels by 2013. Sears is on track to meet this target ahead of schedule and has renewed its commitment to achieve a 50% reduction by 2020. Sears is also committed to offering its customers environmentally preferable products and fostering a culture of sustainability with its associates. For more information on Sears sustainability initiatives visit www.sears.ca/csr.
Sears Canada is a multi-channel retailer with a network that includes 196 corporate stores, 271 hometown dealer stores, 29 home services showrooms, over 1,500 catalogue and online merchandise pick-up locations, 105 Sears Travel offices and a nationwide home maintenance, repair and installation network. The Company also publishes Canada's most extensive general merchandise catalogue and offers shopping online at www.sears.ca.
SOURCE Sears Canada Inc.
More by this Source
Sears Canada Offers Great Savings to Canadians this Black Friday
Nov 27, 2013, 05:50 ET
Sears Canada Announces Reorganization of its Repair Services and Parts Business
Nov 26, 2013, 16:25 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.