DALLAS, Jan. 23, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Securus Technologies, a leading provider of civil and criminal justice technology solutions for public safety, investigation, corrections and monitoring, announced today that it has offered a challenge to its main competitor, GTL, to have an independent technology judge determine who has the largest and best product set, the most modern high tech/sophisticated telephone calling platform, the most capital and expense efficient platform, and the best customer service and related metrics.
"GTL has 'spun facts' to try to say that their technology and customer service are comparable to ours," said Richard A. ("Rick") Smith, Chief Executive Officer at Securus Technologies. "So – I want an independent judge to evaluate both product sets, both calling platforms, and both customer service models – it really isn't a fair comparison to GTL because of what we have invested here at Securus in the last four (4) years. We have invested over $700 million back in our business including the acquisition of companies, technologies, and product development along with a state of the art Technology Center and US Customer Service Center, and GTL has invested a small fraction of what we have."
"We know GTL's technology platforms because we used to use older, less efficient, less feature-rich, primarily premise-based systems, not fully centralized processing and storage systems, and have these comments when comparing the two (2) platforms:
- Securus owns a larger product set of useful services for the corrections sector;
- Securus has its own domestic based call center staffed by Securus employees – GTL previously indicated that it outsources a significant part of its customer service. Our testing has indicated that Securus has call answer performance 600% better than GTL's. That's 600%!
- Securus uses its own trained field technicians versus GTL contracting most of that work out to non-employees who do not have the same vested interest in serving customers well;
- Securus has created the largest Voice Over Internet Protocol Corrections calling platform in the world. This VOIP Platform provides facility customers with routine software upgrades that enable new products/services to be seamlessly distributed to customers at a lower cost and much quicker versus GTL's premise-based older platforms;
- Of the former GTL facility customers that have converted to Securus – many have indicated that Securus' technology and customer service is superior to that offered by GTL. This is straight from customers who have direct knowledge of both."
GTL can't match what we have built and acquired here with these technological capabilities:
- Securus Calling Platform (SCP) – Single State of the Art Inmate Calling Platform
- Primonics – Video Visitation
- DirectHit – Data Analytics
- CellBlox – Managed Access Systems
- Vanu Tactical – Managed Access Systems
- Location Based Services (LBS)
- Text to Connect – Payment Facilitation
- JLG Technologies – Voice Biometrics
- Archonix/Pamet – Jail Management Systems
- JPay – Media, Communications, and Money Transfer Services
- Inmate Tablet Applications
- S-Phone – Cottonwood Creek
- JobView – Securing Inmate Jobs
- Satellite Tracking of People – Parolee Monitoring
- GSSC Full Service STOP Operation
- Securus Field Services (not outsourced)
- Domestic Call Center
- Securus Patent Portfolio – Largest in the Industry
- Cara Clinicals – Electronic Medical Records
- Guarded Exchange – Outsources Investigations and Forensics
- PHD Medical – Inmate telemedicine
"We have talked with customers that have left GTL and converted to Securus – and their message is clear – they prefer Securus' technology, customer service, and economics," said Smith.
"I also see that same messaging in the win/loss ratios that we maintain, i.e., we take +$4.00 in revenue from GTL versus the $1.00 that we lose to GTL over the last five (5) years – another good data point and a great ratio for me. Customer decisions are clear – they prefer Securus almost 3 to 1."
"So my offer to Global Tel Link stands – take the technology challenge bake off? It's almost a rhetorical question – if I was them – I would politely decline and to date, that is exactly what they have done. You have to look in detail at both platforms in an independent way to compare technologies, calling platforms, robustness of the IT work, scalability, investments made, IT resources, and product capabilities," Smith stressed. "If you do good diligence, we prevail on all attributes that matter. We put money behind our words," concluded Smith.
ABOUT SECURUS TECHNOLOGIES
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and serving more than 3,450 public safety, law enforcement and corrections agencies and over 1,200,000 inmates across North America, Securus Technologies is committed to serve and connect by providing emergency response, incident management, public information, investigation, biometric analysis, communication, information management, inmate self-service, and monitoring products and services in order to make our world a safer place to live. Securus Technologies focuses on connecting what matters®. To learn more about our full suite of civil and criminal justice technology solutions, please visit SecurusTechnologies.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/securus-challenges-global-tel-link-gtl-to-technology-bake-off-300394896.html
SOURCE Securus Technologies, Inc.