LONDON, April 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- "The semiconductor IP market expected to witness significant growth in the coming years owing to the emerging IoT ecosystem"
The semiconductor IP market is expected to reach USD 7.01 billion by 2022 from USD 3.09 billion in 2015, at a CAGR of 10.55% between 2016 and 2022. The advancements in consumer electronics, growing demand for modern SoC chips, mitigation of the continuously rising chip design cost & expenditure, and demand for connected devices are expected to drive the semiconductor IP market during the forecast period.
"Internet of Things (IoT) likely to have new growth opportunities for semiconductor IPs"
The emerging IoT ecosystem is a major area of interest for semiconductor IP players. Over the past two years, they partnered with hardware, networking, and software companies, and a number of industry associations and academic consortiums, to develop formal and informal standards for IoT applications. For instance, AT&T, Cisco, GE, IBM, and Intel cofounded the Industrial Internet Consortium, whose primary goal is to establish interoperability standards across industrial environments so that data about fleets, machines, and facilities can be accessed and shared more reliably.
It is expected that the number of devices connected through IoT would increase from 15 billion in 2015 to around 50 billion devices by 2020. Most of these devices would not be conventional PCs or smartphones but a growing web of interconnected devices such as home appliances, security systems, smart thermostats, smart meters, portable medical devices, health and fitness trackers, smart watches, and many other mobile products. They would be compact in size and low in cost, and some of these devices would operate and communicate autonomously.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and sub-segments gathered through the secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people. The break-up of profiles of primary participants is given below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1% – 50%, Tier 2% – 30%, and Tier 3% – 20%
- By Designation: C-level – 38%, Director Level – 28%, and Others – 34%
- By Region: North America – 48%, Europe – 19%, APAC – 28%, and RoW – 5%
"Energy harvesting likely to be the most promising application of piezoelectric technology"
The growing demand for energy harvesting devices and increase in funding from investors and governments are expected to propel the growth of the piezoelectric devices market in the next five years.
The key market players profiled in the report are:
- ARM Holdings Plc. (U.K.)
- Synopsys, Inc. (U.S.)
- Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (U.S.)
- Imagination Technologies (U.K.)
- Lattice Semiconductor (U.S.)
- Ceva, Inc. (U.S.)
- Rambus, Inc. (U.S.)
- Mentor Graphics (U.S.)
- eMemory Technology, Inc. (Taiwan)
- Sonics, Inc. (U.S.)
- Vivante Corporation, (U.S.)
- Atmel Corporation (U.S.)
- Renesas Electronics Corp. (Japan).
The report would help the companies in this market in the following ways:
- The report segments the semiocnductor IP market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the size of the overall market and sub-segments across different verticals and regions.
- The report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report would help stakeholders understand the competitors better and gain more insights to enhance their position in the business.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3706417/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/semiconductor-ip-market-by-form-factor-design-architecture-processor-type-application-geography-and-verification-ip---forecast--analysis-to-2022-300248302.html