FAIRFAX, Va., Feb. 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The American Bar Association (ABA) has recently released The 2016 Solo and Small Firm Legal Technology Guide: Critical Decisions Made Simple.
Written by Sharon D. Nelson, Esq. and John W. Simek, President and Vice President of Sensei Enterprises, Inc., in collaboration with Michael Maschke, Sensei's CEO, the ninth edition of this annual guide offers the latest information and recommendations on computers, servers, networking equipment, mobile devices, legal software, printers, utilities, security products, and anything a solo lawyer or a small law office might need.
Specific topics covered in the 2016 Legal Technology Guide include:
- An overview of current best-of-breed and budget friendly legal technology products
- Microsoft Office 10 and Office 365
- The ethical use of social media (chapter contributed by social media expert Jennifer Ellis)
- The authors' favorite utilities
- Data security – what reasonable measures should you be taking in light of the new ethics rules?
- The PaperLESS office – kicking the paper habit (chapter contributed by law practice management advisor David Bilinsky)
- How to use your iPad in litigation and favorite iPad software (chapter contributed by Tom Mighell and Paul Unger)
- Cloud computing pros and cons
- Where the legal technology world will be in 2016 and beyond
"I can't believe we've written nine of these books," says Sharon D. Nelson, "but we appear to have a loyal following and we are grateful for that. Legal technology moves so fast – who would have known what ransomware was five years ago? We try to bridge the gap for lawyers – there is simply too much information out there for any lawyer to keep pace with legal technology developments."
The book is priced at $89.95 ($54.95 for members of the ABA's Law Practice Division) and is available through the ABA's website store at http://shop.americanbar.org/eBus/Store/ProductDetails.aspx?productId=227736230.
ABOUT SENSEI ENTERPRISES, INC.
Sensei Enterprises, Inc. is a nationally known digital forensics, information security and information technology company. Based in Fairfax, Virginia, Sensei combines legal expertise with high-level technical certifications to serve the technology needs of the legal and corporate communities. Sensei's principals are the co-authors of Locked Down: Practical Information Security for Lawyers (2016, ABA) and Encryption Made Simple for Lawyers (2015, ABA), and speak and present on legal technology, digital forensics and cybersecurity throughout the country. To learn more, please visit www.senseient.com.
For more information about this release, call Sharon D. Nelson, Esq. at 703-359-0700.
SOURCE Sensei Enterprises, Inc.