NASHVILLE, Tenn., Oct. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With Fall in full swing and temperatures falling, Shoney's is ready to warm up and delight your taste buds without breaking your wallet.
The iconic All-American restaurant is now featuring Southern-style comfort food, including a hand-breaded Fried Green Tomatoes starter, a dessert with a backstory and three hot, hearty and homestyle Southern Skillets, starting at $7.99 for a limited time.
"Fresh, quality food at a great value is always in season at Shoney's and we are thrilled to feature our savory Southern Skillets," said David Davoudpour, Chairman and CEO of Shoney's. "We've also added a succulent Southern starter with hand-breaded Fried Green Tomatoes and a dessert so wonderful I decided to name it after my wife."
Through November 27, Shoney's will feature the following Southern Skillets:
- NEW Homestyle Braised Beef – Wholesome braised beef served with mashed potatoes, gravy and a classic vegetable mix, including carrots, onions and celery.
- Chicken Pot Pie Skillet – Fresh, slow-cooked chicken and savory vegetables in a creamy, hearty sauce. Topped with a flaky biscuit crust.
- Kentucky Hot Brown – Roasted turkey breast served open-faced, topped with tomatoes, bacon, and a savory cheese sauce. Includes choice of side.
- All skillet entrees include Shoney's fresh salad, soup and fruit bar.
Shoney's will also feature:
- NEW Hand-Breaded Fried Green Tomatoes – Sliced green tomatoes, fried golden brown and served in an iron skillet with ranch dressing for dipping
- Christy's Apple Crisp® – (named after Davoudpour's wife) – A hot apple crisp portion topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Served in a hot skillet with a spoon.
"Shoney's has been America's dinner table for a long time and we are excited to keep bringing great food, great service at a great value to our valued guests," continued Davoudpour.
Since acquiring the great American eatery in 2007, Davoudpour has been on a spirited mission to revitalize and reinvigorate Shoney's family-friendly, southern style restaurant chain, which was one of the first family casual dining concepts in the United States when it began serving guests 66 years ago.
The first place he started was the kitchen, where he recruited a five-star restaurant executive chef in Will Eudy to bring world-class flavor to guests at a Shoney's value. Eudy, Shoney's Executive Chef and Director of R&D, brings a long-standing passion for classic American comfort food to Shoney's.
"We're bringing a 'simple, yet tastes great' philosophy to every meal we serve," said Eudy. "The fresh preparation and excellent presentation of Southern Skillets will get your attention. Our flavors will keep your attention."
The Southern Skillets entrées are available at participating Shoney's restaurants. Prices may vary.
Shoney's is a Nashville-based company with more than 170 restaurants in 16 states. Since its humble beginnings in 1947 as a Charleston, West Virginia drive-in restaurant, guests have enjoyed Shoney's family-friendly, casual dining experience. Visit www.shoneys.com for more information on restaurant hours, locations and special offers. You can also follow Shoney's on Facebook, Twitter @Shoney's and YouTube.