DENVER, Nov. 16, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- ShopAtHome.com, the largest free coupons and cash back site on the web, today released its 2011 Black Friday/Cyber Monday Savings Guide containing exclusive survey data on how to save the most cash this holiday season. Since Americans are more apt than ever to use coupons and search for the best deals this year, ShopAtHome.com recently surveyed more than 1,000 consumers to determine trends in holiday shopping and savings. The survey results as well as ShopAtHome.com's predictions about this season's shopping trends and savings tips that will help Americans make the most of their holiday budgets are included in its 2011 Black Friday/Cyber Monday Savings Guide. To view the entire report and trend graphics, please visit http://www.shopathome.com/press-releases/2011-savings-guide.aspx.
"Today, saving money on purchases by using coupons, cash back and other methods is just the cool thing to do," said Marc Braunstein, founder and president of ShopAtHome.com, "and this is best shown by how traffic to our web site has more than doubled this past year. We collected survey data from our very savvy shoppers as to the best ways to save this holiday season, and then combined these findings with data from our top retailers to form our 2011 Black Friday/Cyber Monday Savings Guide. Bottom line, there are secrets to saving, and our Guide does a great job of highlighting some key savings tips."
Highlights from the 2011 Black Friday/Cyber Monday Savings Guide include:
ShopAtHome.com's predictions for the 2011 holiday shopping season:
- Don't wait until Black Friday to get started! We expect online retailers will leak their Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals earlier than ever this year. So, while the rest of the world is waiting for late November to get started, savvy shoppers will be online, placing their orders for the best deals to be had.
- Expect to see a lot of "exclusive" deals released through social networks. Retailers want to thank their fans and followers for their loyalty so we expect those "thank yous" to come in the form of exclusive access to holiday deals shared via Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
- Cash back shopping will be more popular than ever. Coupon and Cash Back sites like ShopAtHome.com will experience significantly more traffic this season as consumers seek to save money in every way possible. ShopAtHome.com has set up a Black Friday Deals page and a Cyber Monday Deals page on its site to share all of the coupons and cash back deals available at popular retailers on these busy shopping days.
Black Friday/Cyber Monday Survey Highlights:
ShopAtHome.com recently surveyed more than 1,000 of its members to gather feedback about their holiday shopping plans. A few of the results include:
- 80% of consumers plan to shop on Black Friday
- 58% of consumers plan to do some online shopping on Black Friday
- 21% say they will exclusively shop online on Black Friday while 37% plan to do a combination of in-store and online shopping
- 72% of consumers plan to shop on Cyber Monday
- 48% of consumers expect to save at least $100 on their holiday shopping this year by using coupons and earning cash back online
- 59% of shoppers say they will only shop online where they can get free shipping
ShopAtHome.com's tips to save big on holiday shopping:
- After the turkey, get online to check out the deals. Our data sources indicate that most major retailers will be starting sales earlier than ever this year. We expect to see more Black Friday sales start on Thanksgiving Day than ever before, and some major retailers will even leak their deals weeks before!
- Remember that "midnight" is different for every time zone. Historically, the best deals always go first, especially those that start at midnight. But midnight in New York is only 9:00 pm in Los Angeles. Be sure to look for a countdown timer on the retailer's website so you can be ready the moment the sale starts.
- Double up on savings! Use ShopAtHome.com to maximize your savings. You can double or triple your savings by using a coupon code and earning Cash Back on your purchase.
- "Like" or be a "Follower." Major retailers are promoting unbeatable deals via Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and email newsletters. Don't miss out on these savings alerts! ShopAtHome.com will be sharing and re-tweeting the best online deals on its own Facebook, Twitter and Google+ pages.
- Take advantage of in-store pickup. Not only do you get free shipping when you select in-store pick-up, but the store can "store" your gifts for you so you don't have to hide them in the back of your closet.
- Stick to a budget by using gift cards. A good way to stick to a budget while shopping online is to actually use gift cards rather than just buy them for others. You can easily find gift cards for hundreds of different places right at your local grocery store, or you even buy gift cards online and have them shipped to you or delivered via email (and earn cash back when you do!). When you no longer have money on your gift cards, it means your holiday shopping is over.
- Compare product prices across retailers. If you already know what product you want to give, use a product comparison engine that helps you find the best net price for that product, inclusive of coupons, cash back, and shipping. ShopAtHome.com recently released a first of its kind new product comparison function that incorporates coupons, cash back and shipping from thousands of leading internet stores. Visit ShopAtHome.com and search for the top products on your Black Friday shopping list.
Founded by husband-and-wife team Marc and Claudia Braunstein, ShopAtHome.com is the largest provider of online coupons and cash back rewards on the web. The site offers online and printable grocery, restaurant and retail coupons, cash back on online purchases, free samples and contests. ShopAtHome.com started as a "Catalog of Catalogs" in 1986 with the goal to save consumers money and time, and, through feedback from users, has become the coupon powerhouse it is today offering more than 100,000 online and local coupons at more than 50,000 merchants, including brand-name retailers. For more information visit http://www.ShopAtHome.com.