ShoreTel Helps Healthcare Organizations Enhance Patient Care
SUNNYVALE, Calif., March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ShoreTel® (NASDAQ: SHOR), the leading provider of brilliantly simple unified communications platforms, including business phone systems, applications, and mobile UC solutions, continues to provide communications solutions that help healthcare organizations increase productivity and improve patient care, while keeping costs under control.
"Healthcare organizations require reliable, flexible communications tools that allow them to be quick and nimble with patients," said Kevin Gavin, chief marketing officer at ShoreTel. "With ShoreTel, healthcare institutions can leverage their existing IT staff to create a seamless, centrally managed communications system that immediately connects the right medical personnel and the right resources at the right time—and doesn't force doctors and nurses to learn a new and complex technology."
In the healthcare industry, communication is vital—and, at times, a matter of life and death. ShoreTel provides a brilliantly simple solution that's easy to deploy, use and administer for healthcare organizations of all sizes. Powerful features and functionality, along with centralized management, help ensure patients receive quality care and prompt responses, while healthcare facilities eliminate the need for additional IT resources and lengthy training periods. With support for open standards, ShoreTel makes it easy to integrate legacy phone systems, the variety of devices typically used in and around hospitals, and various healthcare applications, including nurse call systems and electronic medical record systems.
Healthcare organizations worldwide are reaping the benefits of a ShoreTel UC system to streamline work processes, enhance patient service and improve their bottom lines. ShoreTel's roster of healthcare customers includes Urologic Specialists of Oklahoma, Henry County Health Center, Lighthouse International, Klickitat Valley Health and Terry Reilly Health Services.
"With ShoreTel we have an unbeatable team of best-of-breed products that, together, provide a very interoperable, scalable and cost-efficient solution for meeting the communications needs of our patients and staff," said Patrick Bruce, IT director for Urologic Specialists of Oklahoma. "Because everything works together, we continue to realize savings on operations and an overall reduction of complexity."
This week ShoreTel is exhibiting its powerful communications tools for healthcare organizations in booth number 1318 at HIMSS (March 3 – 7, New Orleans, La.), the largest medical conference in the country.
- "In 2011 we implemented a ShoreTel unified communications solution including phones, contact center, conferencing and video across our nine clinics. What really sold us was how easy the system was to use but by implementing ShoreTel we have seen better patient care and improved patient satisfaction. Everything we do at Henry County Health Center is patient focused and ShoreTel has enhanced our ability to deliver on that vision."
– Stephen Stewart, Chief Information Officer, Henry County Health Center
- "In 2010 our contract was running out with our previous phone vendor. We realized it was less expensive to get a new ShoreTel system than renew our existing contract. We chose ShoreTel because of price and functionality and purchased ShoreTel solutions including Contact Center. The benefits since implementing ShoreTel include cost savings from needing less staff to manage the phone system, improved customer service and the ability to connect easier with external offices."
– Paul Garrin, Chief Information Officer/Vice President, Lighthouse International
- "Our previous system was unreliable, expensive and cumbersome to maintain. We chose ShoreTel because of their reputation as a cost-effective solution that offered a plethora of options and scalability. Since implementing ShoreTel, not only have we seen a considerable cost savings, but our users have been impressed with the ease of use and intuitive design which has resulted in increased productivity."
– Jonathon Hatfield, IT Manager, Klickitat Valley Health
- "Before ShoreTel we had separate phone systems that couldn't be integrated which made inter-site communication difficult. We also had to pay a technician whenever we needed changes made to the system which was expensive and time consuming. With ShoreTel we truly have a unified system which helps improve communications for our patients, doctors and staff regardless of where they are located physically."
– Dan Shadix, IT Director, Terry Reilly Health Services
Related Links & Conversation
- Subscribe to ShoreTel's blog.
- Follow ShoreTel on Twitter and Facebook.
- #ShoreTel, #UC
- Read ShoreTel Customer Success Stories.
- Bookmark this Unified Communications Glossary.
About ShoreTel, Inc.
ShoreTel, Inc. (NASDAQ: SHOR) is a provider of business communication solutions whose brilliantly simple unified communications platforms, applications and mobile UC solutions promise a new rhythm of workforce engagement and collaboration. With costly complexity eliminated by design from its award-winning, all-in-one IP phone system, UC and contact center solution, and its industry-leading hosted phone system, workers enjoy a freedom and self-reliance that other providers can't match. Users have full control to engage and collaborate, no matter the time, place or device, for the lowest cost and demand on IT resources in the industry. ShoreTel is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, and has regional offices and partners worldwide. For more information, visit www.shoretel.com or www.shoretelsky.com.
ShoreTel, ShoreTel Sky, and the ShoreTel logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ShoreTel, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.