- October 1st launch represents a major upgrade and evolution of SiriusXM's satellite and online listening service offering a suite of new features to enhance listener experience
- New Internet Radio Apps for Apple iOS and Android offer more content and enhanced personalization extending SiriusXM entertainment offering beyond the home or vehicle
- New SiriusXM Internet Radio service offers On Demand functionality, giving subscribers access to more than 200 shows
TORONTO, Sept. 28, 2012 /CNW/ - Sirius XM Canada (TSX: XSR), the country's leading audio entertainment company, today announced the launch of a major upgrade and evolution of its satellite and Internet delivered service that will enhance and extend subscribers' entertainment experience. The new service will be available beginning October 1, 2012.
Included in the launch is a full suite of updated SiriusXM Internet Radio and mobile listening apps that offer access to additional content and greater personalization.
The updated SiriusXM Internet Radio online player and apps feature a new design that gives customers access to album art and artist biographies, adding information and depth to the SiriusXM music experience and enhancing the visual appearance on smartphones and tablets. To offer listeners further personalization of their audio entertainment experience, SiriusXM has introduced On Demand functionality as part of its new Internet Radio service. SiriusXM On Demand offers access to more than 200 shows, including exclusive talk and entertainment, comedy, sports and commercial-free music. Technical updates in the SiriusXM Internet Radio App also include improved audio quality and performance on cellular networks.
Future SiriusXM products, including the soon-to-be available Lynx radio, will leverage SiriusXM Internet Radio and new hardware functionality to offer subscribers PVR-like features and On Demand service. The new products give more control over how subscribers listen to satellite radio and offer a new way to enjoy SiriusXM Internet Radio via Wi-Fi networks.
New and Enhanced Listening Apps
Key features of the SiriusXM Internet Radio App update for Apple iOS, and Android smartphones and tablets:
- Start Now feature allows subscribers to go back up to five hours to select and listen to previously broadcast programming on many channels, allowing them to hear SiriusXM content on their own schedules.
- Tune Start™ automatically starts the currently playing song from the beginning so listeners will hear the whole song when tuning to any music channel.
- Listeners can now pause live radio and pick up where they left off.
- Listeners can now replay a song or segment with a single click, or skip forward to hear what's playing next.
- Show Finder™ is an easy-to-use electronic programming guide offering a complete list of what's on over the next seven days by channel, with the ability to set reminder alerts when favourite shows are broadcast.
- Listeners can now organize their favourite shows on one easy-to-access screen.
SiriusXM On Demand
- Recent Shows: Access to more than 200 shows from exclusive talk and entertainment, commercial-free music, comedy, and sports.
- Selections from The Vaults: For the first time, SiriusXM is curating and making selections from its vast audio archives - spanning many years of exclusive shows, specials and series—accessible to listeners.
- Updated content: SiriusXM's On Demand offerings will be updated daily with great selections from its audio entertainment catalog, and the available catalog will be expanded on a regular basis.
- Featured Content: Regularly updated "Featured" section allows subscribers to discover more content, including timely interviews, brand new shows, "pop-up" channels, and seasonal series.
- Easy Navigation: Using a mouse or finger, listeners can scan what's playing or easily find a specific point on many shows.
Pricing for SiriusXM Internet Radio is $4.00 a month with a satellite radio subscription.
Beginning October 1, the SiriusXM Internet Radio App will be available for free on Android and can be accessed through www.siriusxm.ca. It will soon be available on the Apple iOS platform.
More information about the new enhanced services along with access to a free 14-day trial is available online at www.siriusxm.ca.
About SiriusXM Canada
Canadian Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. (TSX: XSR) operates as SiriusXM Canada. SiriusXM Canada is the country's leading audio entertainment company and broadcasts more than 120 satellite radio channels featuring premier sports, news, talk, entertainment and commercial-free music. SiriusXM Canada offers an array of content from the most recognized news and entertainment brands as well as from professional sports leagues including the NHL, NFL, MLB and CFL.
SiriusXM programming is available on a variety of devices including pre-installed and after-market radios in cars, trucks and boats, smartphones and mobile devices, and consumer electronics products for homes and offices. SiriusXM programming is also available online at www.siriusxm.ca and on Apple, BlackBerry and Android-powered mobile devices.
SiriusXM Canada has partnerships with every major automaker and its radio products are available at more than 3,000 retail locations nationwide. To find out more about SiriusXM Canada (TSX: XSR), visit our website at www.siriusxm.ca.
Certain statements included above may be forward-looking in nature. Such statements can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "expects," "may," "will," "should," "intend," "plan," or "anticipates" or the negative thereof or comparable terminology, or by discussions of strategy. Forward-looking statements include estimates, plans, expectations, opinions, forecasts, projections, targets, guidance or other statements that are not statements of fact, including with respect to future operating performance and merger benefits and costs synergies. Although SiriusXM Canada believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are reasonable, it can give no assurance that such expectations will prove to have been correct. SiriusXM Canada's forward-looking statements are expressly qualified in their entirety by this cautionary statement. SiriusXM Canada makes no commitment to revise or update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances after the date any such statement is made, except as required by applicable law. Additional information identifying risks and uncertainties is contained in Canadian Satellite Radio Holdings Inc.'s filings with the Canadian securities regulators, available at www.sedar.com.
SOURCE SiriusXM Canada