KENOSHA, Wis., Nov. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Snap-on is pleased to announce it has received a MOTOR magazine Top 20 Tools Award for its low profile ratchet/socket set (210RAFM). The set was chosen by MOTOR's technical editors as an innovative new product that helps make the jobs of professional shop owners and technicians easier, which helps them fix their customers' cars and light trucks more accurately and quickly.
MOTOR magazine has showcased the latest and greatest innovations from the world's automotive tool designers, manufacturers and suppliers in its Top 20 Tools competition for the past 18 years. During that time, Snap-on Incorporated has received this prestigious award 24 times.
"We are honored to have one of our tools recognized on MOTOR magazine's 2009 Top 20 Tools list," said Alicia Smales, vice president of marketing for Snap-on. "This is one of our most exciting new products this year. The system is really unique because it is up to 33 percent shorter than the competition, allowing the combination of the low profile ratchet and socket to have more clearance in the tightest working areas. This is especially beneficial as cars become smaller and more compact."
The Snap-on 10-piece 3/8" drive metric low profile ratchet/socket set includes the 80-tooth low profile ratchet and nine 12-point low profile sockets. The features and benefits include:
- Low profile sockets combined with a low profile ratchet get the job done in the tightest work areas.
- Special low profile ratchet square drive design works with low profile sockets to access tight clearance areas with no loss of strength.
- Unique 3/8" square drive on ratchet also works with any 3/8" sockets.
- Low profile sockets can be used with any 3/8" ratchet.
- 80 teeth require less arc to engage the next gear tooth, providing access in confined areas.
- Ratchet features seven teeth in full contact with gear to provide strength and durability.
- Manufactured from special alloy steel, precision forged and heat treated for optimum strength and durability.
- Nickel/chrome plating helps protect against corrosion and makes it easy to wipe clean.
- Thin handle cross section allows for greater accessibility in tight quarters.
- Nine piece socket set includes 8mm to 18mm.
- Other sets available:
- Fractional, 12-point - part number 210RARF (1/4" to 3/4")
- Metric, six point - part number 210RAFSM (8mm to 18mm)
- Great for under-dash cramped quarters
- Torque converter bolts
- Under cowls on late model pickup trucks
- Great kit for your motorcycle, ATV, snowmobile, watercraft or boat with inboard motor
- Transmission bolts on transverse mounted engines
- Mobile repair kits
About Snap-on Tools
Snap-on Tools is a subsidiary of Snap-on Incorporated, a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of tools, diagnostics and equipment solutions for professional users. Product lines include hand and power tools, tool storage, diagnostics software, information and management systems, shop equipment and other solutions which are used by technicians and professionals at vehicle dealerships and repair centers and in the marine, powersports and aviation industries. Snap-on Tools is one of the largest non-food franchise companies in the world, selling its products through more than 4,500 franchisees worldwide and through company-direct sales and over the Internet. Snap-on Incorporated, which was founded in 1920, is a $2.9 billion, S&P 500 company located in Kenosha, Wis. with operations throughout the world. For additional information visit www.snapon.com.
SOURCE Snap-on Tools