SnapOne, Inc. Shares Tips for Keeping Kids Safe on Spring Break Snap Secure Features Real-Time GPS Monitoring, Panic Button Emergency Plan And Remote Device Tracking for Optimal Security
PRINCETON, N.J., March 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Spring break is a rite of passage for many students, but it can be fraught with worry for parents. While parents should certainly not want to prevent their children from having a good time, they do have a responsibility to keep them safe.
Snap Secure is a comprehensive mobile security application from SnapOne, Inc. that provides real-time protection for spring breakers and every member of the family. Before implementing some of its features, parents should talk to their kids about the proper balance of respecting their privacy and having the right to know if they are making the best choices for their safety.
Five tips for parents and kids to enjoy a fun and safe 2013 spring break:
- Use technology for peace of mind. Snap Secure features an easy to use web dashboard that uses embedded GPS technology to keep track of all your family's smartphone users. It also features Geo-fence, which allows you to set virtual geographic boundaries and receive an alert if they are crossed.
- Talk to your kids about being safe. Without parental supervision, spring break revelry can quickly spiral out of control. Teach your child to take precautions, trust their gut instincts, and be aware of their surroundings at all times. Show them Snap Secure's panic button feature which will automatically send a message to an emergency contact via email, phone call, or Twitter, should they find themselves in an uncomfortable situation.
- Discuss call and text monitoring. Be upfront with your child if you plan on using Snap Secure's call and text monitoring feature. Let them know your reasoning behind the monitoring and establish some rules so you respect their privacy while still being informed. Simply knowing that their activities might be monitored can be enough to change many kids' behaviors.
- Keep your personal information out of the wrong hands. Your child has a smartphone and that device contains a wealth of information about them and you. Encourage your child to not let strangers borrow their phone, and to follow other best practices such as not using unsecured Wi-Fi. Snap Secure features antivirus protection and application transparency so users can be sure no one is attempting to intercept their data.
- Have a plan in the event of a lost phone. For adults and kids losing a phone can be traumatizing. Snap Secure can easily locate a lost device on a map, and you can also remotely trigger an audible ping to help your spring breaker find the phone under the couch! If it's really lost or stolen, then use remote wipe capabilities to clear off all personal data.
Discussing safety before your kids go on spring break does not have to be a "buzz kill." Simply let them know you care about their wellbeing and your peace of mind, and are using technology tools to enable them to have a good time while remaining connected.
For more information, visit www.mysnapsecure.com.
About SnapOne, Inc.
SnapOne, Inc. is a fast-growing developer of consumer and family cloud-services. Its products under the SnapOne™, Snap Secure®, Snap Sync™, Snap MyLife® and Snap Play™ brands allow consumers to leverage the cloud with simple, yet powerful applications for securing, sharing and managing information, devices and people. SnapOne, Inc. is headquartered in Princeton, N.J., with offices located worldwide, and is backed by Edison Ventures and Sycamore Ventures. For more information, visit www.snapone.com.
609.750.9115 / 609.750.9116
SOURCE SnapOne, Inc.