NEW YORK, Dec. 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Social media advertising spend in the US stood at US$10.5 billion by end of 2015, accounting for 17.6% of total online advertising. During 2011-2015, Social media advertising in the country has increased at a CAGR of 31.9%. This growth is expected to continue in 2016 with brands expected to spend US$13.4 billion, representing an increase of 27.5% over 2015. Over the forecast period (2016-2020), Socintel360 expects Social media advertising spend to grow at a CAGR of 20.9% to reach US$28.5 billion in 2020, accounting for 29.1% of the total online advertising spend.
Reasons to Buy
This report answers the following key questions:
- How is social media advertising spending expected to grow over the next five years?
- How much is being spent on social media advertising by industries?
- How is social media marketing budget being allocated and utilized?
- Which marketing objectives are driving the advertising spend on social media?
- Which advertising formats are gaining popularity on social media to target consumers?
- Which social media sites are gaining or declining their market share in the country?
- How is social media mobile advertising spending expected to grow over the next five years?
This report provides detailed social media advertising spend database, covering in-depth trend analysis across segments and themes for a period of 10 years (2011-2020). This report provides trend analysis through charts and tables. The social media advertising spend database breaks down into following nine key areas -
- Market Share of Social Media: This report provides social media advertising spend growth dynamics, contextualizing it with broader online advertising spend.
- Budget Allocation: This report provides budget allocation by key segments including advertising, staffing, consulting, and technology.
- Channel Split: This report provides breakdown of social media advertising spend by desktop and mobile channels.
- Format Split: This report provides break down by the following formats:
Display Ad Spend
Video Ad Spend
Each of the format segments above is broken down further into channel – desktop and mobile.
- Industry Split: This report provides breakdown of social media advertising spend across 14 key industry verticals.
Food & Beverages
Health & Beauty
Technology & ICT Services
Leisure Travel & Tourism
Pharmaceutical & Healthcare
- Advertising Objectives: This report provides breakdown of social media advertising spend by key marketing objectives:
Lead Generation/Increase Traffic
- By Gaming: This report provides breakdown of social gaming advertising spend by following categories:
Around Games & Apps Environment Ad Spend
In Game Environment Ad Spend
In Game Immersive Ad Spend
Exclusive Advertising Games Spend
- By Social Networking Sites: This report provides breakdown of social media advertising spend by key social media platforms (sites) for a period of 5 years (2011-2015).
- Macroeconomic, Business and Consumer Drivers: Data centric trend analysis of business environment, infrastructure, technology and consumer trends driving the growth of social media advertising spend
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03812498-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/social-media-advertising-spend-in-the-us-300377494.html