Social Sentiment and Engagement Signals to Occupy Center Stage at the October 30 Sentiment Analysis Symposium in San Francisco
The fifth Sentiment Analysis Symposium will feature industry-leading speakers and panelists from Dow Jones, IBM, Infosys, J.D. Power, Thomson Reuters, and Toluna, start-ups, and academia, covering social media and social intelligence
SAN FRANCISCO, July 30, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Analytics visionary Seth Grimes has released the speaker line-up for the fifth Sentiment Analysis Symposium, slated for October 30, 2012 in San Francisco. The symposium will feature speakers and panelists from leading firms (including Dow Jones, IBM, Infosys, J.D. Power, Thomson Reuters, and Toluna), start-ups, and academia.
The symposium, taking place just a week before the 2012 national election, will feature a special Voice of the Voter segment. "Twitter, Facebook, blogs, and online news sources provide an up-to-the-second picture of the mood of the electorate: The reaction to key campaign themes and events," according to Sentiment Analysis Symposium organizer Seth Grimes . "Ability to earing, react to, and shape the 'voice of the voter' will make or break future politics. Campaign 'social intelligence' capabilities have become essential, so we're featuring expert speakers -- from IBM, the University of Southern California, and other organizations -- to help us understand how," continues Grimes, who says "on October 30, at the Sentiment Analysis Symposium, we'll learn who's winning the online/social sentiment race -- Obama or Romney, and why."
The Sentiment Analysis Symposium bridges technology and business in one of the most exciting applications to emerge in recent years: software that discovers business value in opinions and attitudes in social media, news, and enterprise feedback. The symposium kicks off with thought-leader talks covering a range of sentiment analysis applications:
- Professor VS Subrahmanian of the University of Maryland will speak on "Sentiment and Signals," providing a leading researcher's view on the use of sentiment and semantic analysis and data mining for government, industry, and intelligence.
- Rich Brown , head of quantitative and event driven trading solutions at Thomson Reuters, will speak on the roll emotion plays in financial markets.
- Toluna vice president Carol Haney , a pioneer in coupling survey research to social-media analytics, will speak on "Social Media Insights and the Mind of the Consumer."
Registration is online at http://www.sentimentsymposium.com/registration.html.
The Sentiment Analysis Symposium series has drawn steadily growing numbers, at three New York symposiums and the first in San Francisco in November 2011. (Videos of the last three symposiums are online.) The symposium both builds on past success and aims to stay on the leading edge of sentiment technologies and applications. The symposium showcases ground-breaking sentiment-analysis applications and provides unique learning opportunities.
In addition to talks by Prof Subrahmanian, Mr. Brown, and Ms Haney, the symposium will once again have a half-day, day-before Practical Sentiment Analysis tutorial, on October 29, to be taught by Diana Maynard , research fellow at the University of Sheffield, UK.
Other October 30 talks cover customer-experience management, media analysis, market research, marketing, and social intelligence topics. They include:
- Using Sentiment Analysis to Make Net Promoter More Actionable -- Bill Tuohig , J.D. Power and Associates
- Amplify Sentiment by Measuring Impact -- Barry Parr , Dow Jones
- Harvesting Mobile Micro-Slang -- Jeannine Bartlett , Earley & Associates
- Sentiment Analysis and the Consumer Genome -- Vaidyanatha Siva, Infosys Ltd.
- Multi- and Cross-lingual Concept Based Sentiment Analysis -- Catherine Havasi , Luminoso
As usual, the symposium will have a series of 5-minute lightning talks just before the lunch break. This year's showcase innovative start-ups with presentations:
- Analyzing Weibo, the Chinese Twitter -- Ken Hu , Soshio
- Extraction of Sentiment from Social Networks -- Kristie Wells , Swipp
- Quantifying Crowd Psychology -- Dr. Erin Olivo , SmogFarm
- Analysis and Visualization of Social Media Content -- Tereza PaÅ™ilová, Masaryk University
The conference will conclude with the Voice of the Voter segment. To maximize networking opportunities, the symposium will once again planning evening-before and post-symposium receptions.
Sentiment Analysis Symposium information is online at sentimentsymposium.com. Symposium organizer Seth Grimes singled our sponsors Attensity, Lexalytics, and NetBase for thanks, given their support that makes the symposium possible.Media Contact:
Seth Grimes Alta Plana Corporation, 3012700795, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Alta Plana Corporation
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.