WASHINGTON, May 1, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Sons of Italy Foundation (SIF) will honor leaders in government, military justice and labor at its 26th NELA Gala in Washington, D.C., May 22. Actor Joe Mantegna will be the Master of Ceremonies. Tenor Sean Harris will perform.
- Secretary Leon Panetta, statesman, lawyer, and professor
- Sen. Christopher Dodd, president, the Motion Picture Association of America
- Lt. Gen. Flora Darpino, Judge Advocate General of the U.S. Army
- Harry Lombardo, international president, Transport Workers Union
- U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sam Alito
- Army Chief of Staff Gen. Raymond Odierno
- Italy's ambassador to the U.S. Claudio Bisogniero
- Congresswomen Nancy Pelosi and Rosa De Lauro (expected)
- U.S. Military personnel, active, veteran and wounded warriors
The foundation is the philanthropic arm of the Order Sons of Italy in America (OSIA), the biggest and oldest organization in the US for people of Italian heritage. To date, the foundation has given $125 million to education, medical research, cultural preservation, disaster relief, and other special projects.
The Sons of Italy Foundation (SIF) 26th Anniversary
National Education & Leadership Awards (NELA) Gala (Black Tie)
DATE & TIME:
Thursday, May 22, 2014 -- 6 PM-Reception; 7 PM-Dinner
The National Building Museum, 401 F Street, NW, Washington, D.C.
SOURCE Order Sons of Italy in America