WESTFORD, Mass., Aug. 6, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
- Sonus sponsors "Real-Time Communications 101," a free, four-part webinar series covering the fundamentals of SBCs, VoLTE, WebRTC and SDN.
- The webinars are designed to teach attendees the basics of SBCs, VoLTE, WebRTC and SDN technologies to raise understanding of these emerging technologies in an easily digestible format.
- Attendees who join a live class in its entirety will receive a complimentary Starbucks® "coffee break" gift card and anyone who completes all four classes in their entirety will be eligible to win a seat in a future Sonus Academy class.*
Sonus Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: SONS), a global leader in enabling and securing real-time communications, today announced "Real-Time Communications 101," a free, four-part webinar series covering the essentials of SBCs, VoLTE, WebRTC and SDN intended for IT specialists, telecommunications sales professionals, technical writers and marketers, and anyone looking to hone their skills on these burgeoning technologies. Registration details can be accessed here.
Real-time communications (RTC) encompasses all communications that happen without transmission delays and is virtually instant with minimal latency. From VoIP to IM and video conferencing to presence and collaboration, RTC is transforming the way businesses and people communicate. Service providers and enterprises in particular are implementing the technologies that underlie a successful real-time network. In this series, attendees will learn:
- How an SBC is used to enable secure and reliable communications over a SIP infrastructure;
- How VoLTE is the next best thing to hit smartphones by enabling superior voice quality, even when browsing the Internet;
- How WebRTC extends service provider and enterprise communications networks to allow customized engagement with customers; and
- How SDN optimizes the migration of applications and data to the Cloud to lower costs for enterprises and bring in new revenue streams for service providers.
"Real-Time Communications 101" classes will occur on the following Wednesdays in September:
- SBCs 101 September 2, 2015 10:00-11:00 am EDT
- VoLTE 101 September 9, 2015 10:00-11:00 am EDT
- WebRTC 101 September 16, 2015 10:00-11:00 am EDT
- SDN 101 September 23, 2015 10:00-11:00 am EDT
Additional Benefits of Attending:
- Everyone who attends a live class in its entirety will receive a complimentary Starbucks® "coffee break" gift card*.
- Complete all four classes and receive a Sonus Academy training certificate.
- Become eligible to win a complimentary seat in a future Sonus Academy technical class, a value of up to $2,500*.
To register click here.
"As real-time communications become pervasive and move to the Cloud, it is more important than ever before to take the time to learn and understand how to secure and enable them," said Mykola Konrad, vice president, Go-to-Market, Sonus. "Sonus launched this series to clarify the technologies that are optimizing, monitoring and securing RTC."
"After cost reduction, among the top enterprise IT investment drivers are improving productivity and customer service, and staying ahead of the curve—all of which are addressed by enhanced real-time communications," said Rob Arnold, Industry Principal, Unified Communications & Collaboration, Frost & Sullivan. "Understanding how underlying network technologies are implemented will help optimize the reliability, security and control that enhanced real-time communications require."
Sonus Networks, SONS, Real-Time Communications 101, SBC, VoLTE, WebRTC, SDN, Sonus 101
* The complimentary $5 Starbucks® "coffee break" gift card is limited to one per person per webinar (i.e., a total of four gift cards are available per person for attendance at all four webinars). The participant must attend the live webinar in its entirety to receive the gift card. This gift card may not be exchanged for cash. In addition, attendees must attend all four webinars – each in their entirety – to become eligible to win a complimentary seat in a future Sonus Academy technical class, the value of which may not be exchanged for cash.
Sonus brings the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/VoLTE solutions to its customers by enabling and securing mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, IM and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can intelligently secure and prioritize real-time communications, while service providers can deliver reliable, secure real-time services for mobile, UC and social applications. Sonus offers an award-winning portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) capabilities, Policy/Routing servers and media/signaling gateways. Visit www.sonus.net or call 1-855-GO-SONUS.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this release are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus' business, please refer to the "Risk Factors" section of Sonus' most recent annual or quarterly report filed with the SEC. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
For Sonus: Jason Vancura, +1-978-614-8321 email@example.com
SOURCE Sonus Networks, Inc.