ROANOKE, Va., May 10, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- May is in full swing and as we move toward the end of the school year and the start of the summer season, this is a great time for homeowners to make sure their air conditioning units can handle the heat. Southern Trust Home Services, southern Virginia's leading HVAC, plumbing and electrical provider, has four tips to help Roanoke-area residents prepare for the summer heat.
"During the year, your air conditioning system accumulates dust and dirt, making it less efficient and adding costs to your utility bills," said Ted Puzio, owner of Southern Trust Home Services. "Over 60 percent of our air conditioning service calls last year were due to a problem that could have been prevented with a regular air conditioning tune-up and maintenance. A little bit of preventive maintenance now can save your family from the sweltering days of summer."
Puzio offers these tips to help Roanoke residents make sure their air conditioning systems will run at maximum efficiency this summer:
- Inspect your registers -- Inside your home, your registers need access to airflow and if there are obstructions around the register, the unit may not work properly. Make sure that there are no rugs or furniture that may be in the way of airflow, and if you have small children or shedding pets, this would be a great time to clean out anything that may have found its way into the register.
- Get an AC tune up – An annual maintenance check includes cleaning filters, coils and unit, and checking for foreseeable future problems. This can help the AC run more efficiently keeping utility costs down.
- Remove debris around the unit – For the exterior air conditioning unit to work properly, there needs to be unobstructed air around the unit. Having a 2-foot area of clear space, free from shrubs, low hanging branches and wood piles will help your unit work easier.
- Check your filter -- Make sure that the filters in your home, as well as filters at the blower unit, are clean to keep your air conditioning unit from possibly shutting down.
- Maintenance – Make sure you only have a licensed professional service your air conditioning unit to keep it running at its full capacity and keep your warranty valid.
For more information, please call 540-343-4348 or visit www.southerntrusthomeservices.com.
About Southern Trust Home Services
Founded in 1995 as Southern State Electric, Southern Trust Home Services provides residential plumbing, electrical and HVAC services, including 24/7 emergency repairs, to homeowners in more than 60 cities throughout southern Virginia. Southern Trust Home Services staffs dedicated, certified, licensed and insured, drug and criminal background checked technicians who provide timely, same-day services for a variety of home repairs, installations and maintenance. A Better Business Bureau accredited company since 2006, Southern Trust Home Services has financing available including 0 percent for 18 months, and Lifetime Repair Guarantee on stated repairs. To find out more, call 540-343-4348 or visit www.southerntrusthomeservices.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/southern-trust-home-services-offers-tips-to-prepare-early-for-the-summer-heat-300454840.html
SOURCE Southern Trust Home Services